Schalkboard because when I met Mr. Schalk I asked him how to spell his name and he said, "It's chalk with a 'S' in front of it." Ahh, logic. I've used that line many times since becoming Mrs. Schalk. The blank being my list of the week. I adore lists. They make me feel calm and analytical. I also enjoy color coding my closet, but that's another problem. Maybe for a Wednesday.
Short and sweet to start things rolling...Schalkboard Tuesday: Grateful List
My life is pretty simple. These days I am extremely grateful for little stress, big dreams and the cute little white puff ball I call Bonnie.

Awww, look at that little punky! This is one of her baby pictures ~ circa fall 2007. She was and still is such a joyful little dog. So happy, so carefree, so loyal. I love the way she approaches life. No worries, just enthusiasm! Thanks for the reminder little pup!

Hi Mr. Schalk. I'm grateful for you, too. Thank you for watching fun movies, and sweet movies and dramatic movies with me. Oh my goodness, Boy in the Striped Pyjamas....poignant, heart tugging, thought provoking. On the other spectrum, The Proposal...funny, sweet, amazing scenery. I'm watching it again...right now. The Proposal, that is. I don't know if I can handle boys in pyjamas again anytime soon. I would like to be European so I could spell pyjamas like that everyday. Thanks Mr. Schalk for being my movie buddy!
Third on the Schalkboard of grateful items tonight is this photo. I found it sifting through our collection this weekend. It's from St. Louis. Pre-Bonnie, pre-house, pre-2010. It reminds me of fun trips with Mr. Schalk and all the pleasure we have photographing our simple, but wonderful, life along the way.It's the little things, ya know.
Happy Tuesday!
Love the idea of a grateful list! Stealing your idea, thanks, I am grateful!
ReplyDeleteThe Park Wife
Love your Schalkboard of grateful items Rachel! Fabulous idea, of course!! The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas made me feel so incredibly sad. I am not sure I could ever watch it again. I have not seen the other, but will be sure to watch it soon! (on your recommendation of course!)
ReplyDeleteHi Rachel, first off that puppy pic is just the cutest thing ever!! We used to live in St. Louis so that bridge pic caught my eye as well.
ReplyDeleterachel, i am a fellow list maker... i make lists for everything. i also like to color code my closet. perhaps that is why i don't like to put away my clothes... too much work. but what is in the closet, is color coded. so many things to be grateful for... i am grateful for the encouragement your comments always are to me! have a blessed day rachel...
ReplyDelete