
Happy 2010 my lovely friends! I hope you rang in the New Year full of joy and hope for a wonderful year to come. I can't wait to see what doors are opened this year. I have had the word "consistent" ringing in my mind the days leading up to 2010. I chuckled with my friend on what that could mean. Consistent cupcake eater, consistent goof ball. Both are highly likely.
My goal is to be consistent with my Lord. To have my focus on Him first, prayer before all things, and more consistent time in the Word. Then, I have no doubt that my cup will continue to overflow. Not necessarily in the ways that most people would define as success but blessings in family, friends, peace and creativity. A heart that is content in the Lord and His purpose for my life. A passion and purpose that is driven by my eyes on the prize of Jesus. That is so exciting to me! God has bigger dreams in store than I can even fathom this snowy day. Is an Etsy store going to pop up for this Moose in 2010? A completed art studio? Some sweet new baking treats? A freelance photography side job? I am a consistent dreamer, and have no doubt that God will continue to be Mighty in 2010. His consistency gives my heart the freedom it needs to dream BIG!
Hopefully, this blog will also be consistent. I enjoy rambling and sharing photos here. It's a delight to share my little life with you all!
Before I run off to finish my coffee by the warm fire with Mr. Schalk and to work on house projects, here is a super simple cuppie recipe. Last night, I was craving chocolate cupcakes and wanted to use my Vintage Village Cupcake Kit that I purchased at Bake It Pretty many months ago. The only problem was, I could not eat 24 cupcakes that the box prepared, and didn't want to whip up a recipe from scratch. Well...I could eat 24...and maybe would if it hadn't been 8 o'clock at night. So, I converted the box recipe to 1/3 and made 6 adorable cuppies. I know 6 is not 1/3 of 24, but I just filled my 6 cuppie pan a little fuller and it was perfect.
So, if you are making cuppies for one feel free to follow this ratio for any box cake mix.
For 6 generous sized cupcakes:
6 oz cake mix (any kind...I used Pilsbury Dark Chocolate and they were really moist) Save the extra cake mix (about 12 oz) for future use.
3 oz water
1 oz oil
1 egg
a dash of vanilla extract (optional)
Mix together and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Time may vary, my toothpick came out clean at 10 minutes. Frost and enjoy!
Except, I did not enjoy the frosting I made. I was in a hurry, and didn't peruse as many recipes as I should. It was tasty, just not the taste I was going for. I wanted a really good fudgey chocolate frosting. Anyone have any recipes for this kind of frosting? Since I have 2 more batches of cake mix from my box, next time I am going to add chocolate chips to the batter and dust the tops with powdered sugar. Then, I will eat them for breakfast with my coffee. What? You don't do that? Hmm, I have a feeling my goal to lose 12 pounds this year might not be as consistent as my other endeavors. We'll see...

Love your word...seriously, if we could just be consistent there would be no limits in what we could achieve. Thanks for making me crave cupcakes... I LOVE CUPCAKES:)
ReplyDeleteLove your cupcakes Rachel, and I adore your word for 2010! Consistent. I want to be that in the coming year as well! Happy New Year to you all!! xxoo
ReplyDeleteJust checking out the blog so much fun.
ReplyDeletethanks
lol, I am signed in as my husband. hehe
ReplyDeleterachel! boxed cake! you are so much better than that! just kiddin kind of. i used it just the other day. i forgot how nice it was to just cut a bag open and pour it in the bowl. STILL THOUGH. BAD. its the principle of our bakership!
ReplyDeletei have a yummy chocolate frosting recipe. it involved butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. and it was delicious. must find it for you.
also i reeeeeeally love the little ballerina montage.
Haha, I KNEW you would disapprove, but I had to. I was hungry and needed a quick fix. You'll forgive me eventually. When we open up our homemade cuppie shop together. Love youuuuuu! Is it 1/16 yet???
ReplyDeleteI was just surfing blogs of other friends and saw your chocolate cupcakes Chocolate cake is my one sinful weakness. I have a great fudge icing recipe that is good on any cake but especially good on a chocolate one.
ReplyDeleteMelt one stick of butter in a pan over medium heat, add 4 Tbsp. of cocoa and 6 Tbsp of milk and bring to a boil. cook for about a minute Then add confectioners sugar until spreading consistency (this is about three cups)and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat well and spread on cake (or cupcakes) while warm.
Your picture looked yummy, if it weren't so late I'd be mixing up a batch right now.
Thank you all for your wonderful comments! I can't wait to try the icing recipe Trish. Thank you!!!
ReplyDelete