
This photo of our girl Bonnie was taken a couple years ago when she experienced snow for the FIRST time! She looks frigid to me, but trust me when I say she was having a great time! She ran and ran and pounced and jumped. It was such a new experience for her. Do you remember your first snow? Growing up in the Midwest, we have always had a fair amount of snowy wintery days. I don't remember my first snow, but I remember snow men and snow monsters, sledding and snowmobiling in the open fields. Those were the days! Exhilarating and freeing! I'm sure that is how Bonnie felt that day.



Psalm 71:15-17 (NIV)
My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of your salvation all day long,
though I know not its measure.
I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD;
I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.
Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.

May we all live our days with such determined joy...even the cold ones.

xoxo, Rachel
Beautiful post Rachel! I Loved the pictures of your little dear enjoying the snow for the first time! Especially the last one, what a great capture that was!!! haha We very rarely get snow here, but we did have a few flakes last night. It was so pretty to watch, but it didn't last and it didn't lay and the ground is the same old green wet today. Nevermind, I will find joy in it regardless!! xxoo
ReplyDeleteWhat an ADORABLE PUPPYYYYY!! My biggest memories with snow involved snow forts, jumping into big drifts, and sledding on those crazy metal flying saucer sleds.
ReplyDeleteThanks Marie! I hope you miraculously get a ton of snow for Christmas! That would be gorgeous. :)
ReplyDeleteLiz - um, snow forts big drifts and metal saucers? Yes Please! Hope to see you SOON! Miss you! xoxo
OMG! She is such a cutie!! I really love the first picture of her with the snow in her cute little face!! My dog is the same way with snow. He absolutely loves it! I don't remember my first snow either because I grew up in Wyoming and later in New Mexico so we always had snow. But I have really fond memories of playing in the snow with my siblings! Lovely snow post!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness your dog is so cute!! What kind of dog is she? By the way, your blog is fabulous! And thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods. I will definitely be back to yours. :)
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks for the lovely comments for Bonnie Jacque and Lindsey! She is a Bichon Frise. She looks more like a poodle sometimes because of her small size, but she is definitely a bichon in breed and personality! Yay for snow!
ReplyDeletemy dog is also in LOVE with snow!
ReplyDeletethese pics are fantastic and made me smile!