Archive

Friday, December 11, 2009

It All Ties Together


It is so interesting how God finds ways to tie everything together.

I have been thinking about positive thinking and my blog "rule" for a while now. It grew in me when my friend Julie, the LC, wrote this post. Then, Miz Booshay wrote this yesterday.

I also posted my "Silver Line" photo at PW's black & white photo assignment. It was my favorite B&W on hand and I wanted to join in the flickr group fun. This photo makes me think of the phrase, "Every cloud has a silver lining." I want to say, "Hop on board the Silver Line, where joy is found in the muck and a silver lining in the clouds." Or something like that.


My personal rule on A Cupcake for Moose is to choose not to complain. Even if I really want to. I am sure I have had my moments on this blog, but I try to stick firm to this rule. If you can’t say something nice then don’t say it all, right? What you feed will thrive, and what you let go will die. I want to fuel joy and God’s love for others out of a sincere heart... and maybe some humor. Gotta keep it real, you know.

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

I have had such joy and inspiration through reading your blogs – insights into my faith walk, creative ideas galore, and a real sense of camaraderie. I have gained a deeper understanding of who I am and what is truly important by expressing my life through words, pictures and praise in my blog.


For the record, my caveat to the staying positive rule is when I am struggling. When I’m looking for answers and trying to discern God’s will for my life, or learning tough lessons, I allow myself to write what is on my heart. I want to be honest more than I want to sugar coat life. Some days are hard, very hard. However, all days are filled with joy, even if it's not easy to find sometimes. Sharing Jesus and His joy is is what matters most to me, and what I want to grow from this blog. New recipes and fun photos are an added bonus!


You are all so wonderful and kind. I have been blessed by your posts and feel enriched by your thoughtful insights. I often think about posts I’ve read and feel a connection to so many of you. So, THANK YOU for being honest, upbeat and real. My blogging world is filled with such great people. I pray for you, cheer for you and truly enjoy visiting you all in blogland.


May you experience balance and joy this Christmas season. And all the bountiful blessings that God has richly blessed each of us with!


Happy weekend to you all!

xoxo, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Rachel. I try to be honest on my page, and to keep it real. Sometimes crap happens, as it does for us all. I am a person that chooses to rise about it. I am blessed in that way I suppose. I think that people need to know that life isn't perfect, but that when it does go amiss, as it often does, there are ways of handling it positively, and that our struggles are there not to beat us down, but to uplift us and to help to make us better people. Like you say it is all a balance. I pray and hope that you have a holy holiday season and are blessed beyond imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet post. I have been working on no complaining for awhile now! it's a lovely goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmm positivity. love it. thank you for your prayers yesterday. i felt them. and i am so grateful that i can always depend on you!! you are wonderfullll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a NICE post! :) I love your silver line picture, too...I think we'll be seeing in on PW's blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for writing this, Rachel! Blogging can be such a fine line art. Keeping with the positive is a good rule of thumb :-) You have a beautiful heart.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!