Archive

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mr. Schalk's Celebration

There are many things I could blog about this wintery night. The wonderful Christmas we hosted at our house this weekend for the Schalks & Taylors. The extreme amount of baking I embarked on this evening. The sweet matching Manning jerseys Mr. Schalk and I are donning. Fact: Each of the prior sentences included a word that relates to the Christmas season. I thought you should know that.

Seriously, is this what she is rambling about..cuz if she is I'm outta here. What's P-Dub up to? Nooooooo....not yet. :)

This post is about Mr. Schalk.

Got your attention now, didn't I? Mr. Schalk has that effect on people. Especially short, dark haired girls who are nicknamed Moose. Anyway...

It was Mr. Schalk's celebration weekend!


Mr. Schalk has worked very VERY hard the last two years for this moment. My honey juggled his busy job, studying and late nights to walk down that academic road yet again. He graduated with his Masters degree this weekend! Yay Mr. Schalk! He received his Masters of Science in Management along with some other hard working students. Of course, I only had eyes for Mr. Schalk as I was beaming inside and out. He has wanted this since he graduated from Huntington, and it's been a long, not always easy, road for him. Yet, I'm serious when I say this...he did not complain! He knew what he wanted and took pride in his accomplishments and challenges along the way. My honey has goals...and Jesus! He knows who is lookin' out for him.

What a wonderful accomplishment Mr. Schalk! You did it!

Hi Famous Dave. Thank you for giving the speech at Mr. Schalk's super cool graduation. Next time, please bring your bbq. Thank you.

I'm so proud of Mr. Schalk! This is just the beginning of some very special things in store for him. Mr. Schalk is an amazing man after God's heart who works hard and stays true to the character God continues to shape in him. I'm sorry for gushing honey, I just can't help myself.


The whole evening was very special. Of course, on a personal level, but also for everyone in the auditorium. Everyone had a sense of pride for themselves and their loved ones that I don't remember feeling at our undergrad ceremonies. This meant more. It meant hard work after the day's hard work, late nights with families and an accomplishment that was not taken for granted. The sheer joy and pride that was exhibited was palpable. If I could have bottled it I'm sure I would have found the equivalent to the fountain of youth. Our Lord was certainly smiling down at his children for continuing their pursuit of learning and growing.

Yay! You did it!

This daddy made his son so proud! What a wonderful faith in action lesson for his son to see from his dad. Way to go mister!

Well done lady! What a great smile! I'm sorry you're blurry, but way to go!
(Maybe I'll go to school to learn how to use a zoom lens...lifelong learning, right?) hehe

Look how happy all these grads are?! Well deserved joy! Hi, Mr. Schalk! You are so handsome in your cap, gown, and hood!

Happy Graduation!

xoxo forever, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to Mr Schalk!! Quite an accomplishment there! My youngest daughter is working on her Masters in Nursing right now and I know how much work it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowweee! Crazy this is the same guy who was in my freshman year computer graphics class who never showed up and whom we all thought was a wild child! Ahahah. Conrats to him!! What a wonderful thing! Kind of almost makes me want to go to grad school.... but yet... not. :) Can't wait to see you SOON SOON SOON?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Mr. Schalk! Graduations are the best. :)

    That's funny about the dog snuggie because I saw one the other day and thought about buying it for my best friend's dog. It gets cold where they live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the record, I meant congrats and not conrats. Obviously, right? But I had to correct it. You know me Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marie and Lindsey! I'm very proud of Mr. Schalk. :) Graduations and puppy snuggies for everyone!

    Liz - I know you what you meant. Ahh, Huntington days. So lovely and bubble like. I will remember them fondly. Can't wait to have a Christmas party after Christmas with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!