Archive

Monday, December 21, 2009

I heart Silpat


Me: "Hello Silpat, you are wonderful. I love how you bake my cookies. We will be friends forever."

Mr. Schalk: *laughing* "Are you talking to your Silpat?"

Maybe...

Merry Christmas Baking!

xoxo, Rachel


6 comments:

  1. I have never had silpat, but it is on my wish list. Someday it may come true! Great lookin gcookies by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look delish! I think I have a mat like that some where but never used it. Your's looks way nicer then mine. :)

    You should post your mom's imprinted cookies after she makes them on here. I'd love to see what other people do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever used parchment paper. Maybe i should try this???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lissa, I usually use parchment paper because it works like a charm and there is no clean up. However, I was out and not willing to brave another grocery run. :) I really do enjoy my silpat. It bakes the cookies nice and evenly.
    Thanks for the comments Marie & Lindsey! Merry Christmas in t minus 2 days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. and these cookies are......what kind?
    i see some phantom light brown in there.. and are those raisins or chocolate chips? TODAY is my day for baking. baking and wrapping. wrapping and baking. can we please freeze this entire week and keep it forever?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz...they are Good Medicine Lodge cookies. Mr. Schalk and I stayed at Good Medicine Lodge on our honeymoon and they served these cookies fresh from the oven every afternoon. Talk about honeymoon of my dreams! Sweetest little Montana lodge ever... www.goodmedicinelodge.com

    Yes, freezing this week forever is definitely approved in my world! Sweetness and Jesus, what could be better?

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!