Archive

Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Lovely Christmas 2009

The tree was decorated (perfectly by Mr. Ed).

The stockings were hung (lovingly by my mama).


Off to bed where prayers were said
(after some seriously entertaining family Christmas games.)


Then...

Happy Birthday Jesus
it's
Christmas Morning!


The "kids" were very curious...

...and happy with their presents! Breezy loved her new car seat and reindeer!


And this kid adored her sweet chirp plate. A new prized piece for Mr. Schalk and me. Is it not the prettiest plate ever!?

There were many more kind and generous gifts from our loved ones, including some wonderful baking items, a vintage typewriter and an Anthro gift card (yahoo!). We have really enjoyed celebrating Jesus' birth with our sweet family over the last couple weeks. It is so good to share blessings with family and friends this Season. I did catch a rather nasty cold on Christmas Eve, but in my mind I was loving every minute. Too bad it didn't always show. Luckily, my taste buds were still working properly so I got to enjoy the oh-so-yummy Christmas food. Christmas 2009 was wonderful indeed!

I hope your Christmas was blessed, as well! I've enjoyed reading your Christmas posts and partaking in PW's Holiday Bokeh sharing.

Happy Holiday Season friends!

xoxo, Rachel



4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! Your Christmas tree is so cute!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love your tree! So pretty. And that plate is GORGEOUS! Really pretty! Perfect gifts! Hope your new year is wonderful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! My dad, Mr. Ed, picked out and decorated the tree. He usually cuts them down from his field (he's a landscaper and plants tree on his farm). I think he found this one in a swampy area. He said it's what they have down south. I'm glad you all like it, so do I! :) Happy New Year blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeousss pictures. love love love. what a pity about the cold. nearly every one of my childhood christmases was spent with that sorta thing and i have me in all of my snotty glory on videotape so i can remember it fondly forever.
    p.s.
    i got an anthro gift card too! do i see shopping in our future????

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!