Archive

Friday, November 27, 2009

Gobble Gobble Zzzz...


The turkey was cut, the prayers were said, the tryptophan set in. Turkey Day '09 was a success! We are on an every other year schedule so this year's Turkey Day was in beautiful Higgins Lake with Mr. Schalk's family. We had all the regular fixin's complete with full bellies and plenty of laughter.


Yeah, the Spode came out and I was a happy camper. Thanksgiving is really just the prelude to kick off the Christmas season after all. At least, in my little world. The season of love, giving and gratefulness. The season to celebrate Jesus and celebrate this life He has given us to bring Him glory. What better way to celebrate than with Spode and these beauties?!

Seriously, amazing pumpkin ice cream pie with caramel sauce and cranberry ginger pie. I died a little when the pumpkin hit my taste buds. It is "technically" called Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate-Almond Bark and Toffee Sauce. It is technically delicious. Especially with a Nutty Irishman courtesy of Mr. Schalk. He makes the best coffee drinks for his wifey and family.

Yes, please!

Thanksgiving was great even if I forgot to take my annual Turkey Day nap. It was filled with relaxation, great company, yummy eats and Star Trek. You read me. Nathan, God bless his geeky athletic heart, brought it up to watch. It was actually very good and a sweet trade-off for the trek to New Moon we'll be making tonight. Ha, trek and trek...didn't even plan that one. I amuse myself in my own little world.


Mr. Schalk is off to the woods with his parents to cut down the Christmas tree. So, the rest of us are chillin' on our compies listening to season appropriate music.

Adele.

What? Yeah, she is not seasonal in the slightest. I've already been listening to Bing and Dean belt out the Christmas classics and I need a retreat for a while. My little world of British pop and blogging is suiting me just fine. God bless the Christmas season however you chose to celebrate! And God bless you indeed!


xoxo, Rachel & Bonnie :)

1 comment:

  1. Your Thanksgiving looked absolutely phenomenal! I love the way the mom is smiling and preparing food and the kitchen is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS! So warm and home-y. I agree...Thanksgiving is nice and all but Christmas will always rule the whole year! I am thankful for you and your tender heart and quick wit and love of jesus and all things adorable.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!