
Wow, is anyone else thinking this year is wrapping up fast!? Halloween came and went without so much as one recap. Oops. I've been so lame in posting these past couple weeks. The holidays are fast approaching the overwhelming stage and some nights have called for more R&R than usual. Do you feel me on that one? I've been repeating 1 Peter 5:7 over and over in my head ("Cast your anxiety on Him [God] because He cares for you") and it's definitely helped me relax. Sometimes, it's all I can do to keep my head above water. Yet, the weekends have been filled with great fun. Like last week's partay a la Carroll County and tonight's IMAX Scrooge fest. Get your holiday slippers on - 'tis the season for FUN!
The above collage is a recap of Halloween weekend. It now feels like months and months since that super fun evening. It's really been just a few weeks, right? Do you see that mouth watering cake? You guessed it. Another amazing creation from Classic Cakes. Mi mama requested a fall cake with free reign on their part, and this is what they delivered. Amazing! The sweetest littlest fall cake you ever laid eyes and taste buds on. Halloween was fantastic. Carved pumpkins in the windows compliments of Mr. Schalk. My sweet mama and Breezy hanging out and lots of adorable kiddies in costumes of all shapes and themes. What a great weekend!
Now, it is fast approaching Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are already thinking about Christmas trees, garlands and treats galore. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving ore Christmas treat you like to make? I've got a couple things up my sleeves. I'm really excited to share them with you.

I've been completely and fantastically distracted with your blogs lately. I read and read and dreamed and dreamed. It's so stimulating and way better than laundry! Thank you for your sweet giveaways and lovely ideas. I am constantly impressed and inspired by all your creativity!
A very sweet and super generous giveaway is on A Year from Oak Cottage right now. You should definitely enter. Click her blog to take you right to the giveaway. Marie's Christmas prints are especially delightful. I would love to win one! It would be sweet if you won, too. Someone has got to win so it might as well be one of us. Dontcha think?
Get in the Spirit and remember that Jesus loves you! That's why we celebrate!

Thanks for sticking with me! Have a wonderful Saturday!
xoxo, Rachel
oh i just love this post! love love love! look at that delicious cake!! i promise you i would slice those flowers right off the top with a knife and go to townnnn. that looks like a legit professional shot. you should make them pay you for it. annnnnnd believe it or not.. i DO have my holiday slippers on!!! pink knee highed lucious wooly warmth with pom pom balls hanging off them!
ReplyDelete<3
Oh, Liz you are a delight! I can totally picture you in your sweet pink pom pom slippers. Lovely! I can also picture you eating those icing flowers. They were incredible! I'm counting the days 'til our mini-get-together. xoxo!
ReplyDeleteOh I'm in the spririt, dear Rachel! The decorations went up last night...I just couldn't wait any longer. And I already have my Christmas cupcakes picked out. Can't wait to see your treats!!
ReplyDeleteI also would like to agree with Liz about your photography. You got a gift girl!
So lovely site n so cozy =)
ReplyDelete