Archive

Sunday, October 11, 2009

something's different...


"Um, Mama?"

"Yes, Bonnie?"

"Things look...different."

"That is very astute of you, little pup. Things are slightly different. But have no fear, your food bowl hasn't changed."

"Phew."

Yes, it was time for a update to this little blog of mine. Do you like it? It still needs a few tweaks, but I like it better. My horizontal photos don't seem to be getting cut off like before. Also the "responses" are now "comments" and they aren't buried with the tags anymore. I love comments! I want them to stand out in all their sweetness.

Another update, that may not be noticeable to anyone but me is the title. "Schalkboard Studio presents A Cupcake for Moose." My etsy name is Schalkboard Studio. I wanted to incorporate that with my blog for the one day that I actually get enough nerve to sell my art on etsy.

I'll get there. Once I research and mull it over some more. And find sweet descriptions for my items that I will be featuring. I'm probably going to start with my photographs, since that is the most comfortable for me. I should pray about this. That would help me gain confidence.

In the meantime, after an enjoyable weekend I have lots of fun fall items to share in the coming days. Did you have a good weekend? My kind-hearted in-laws were in town. We enjoyed delicious food and their good company. We also enjoyed their willingness to help around the house. The soffit repair went great and is now complete. Thanks John and Rosemary!


Happy Sunday evening and go Colts!

xoxo, Mrs. Schalk

3 comments:

  1. I love the new look! Your blog just keeps getting better and better.

    Thanks for the inspiration as well as the entertainment ~ I look forward to each new entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally noticed the "Schalkboard Presents" first! Rememeber when I think you, me and probably Christy and Lynsi were riding in a car to or fro coming up with all the fun things you could do with the new name Schalk? Like Schalk Walks and Talks and... ok that's all I can think of now but I'm pretty sure there were more :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a true art nerd Nicole! I love that you noticed Schalkboard first. I remember us coming up with all kinds of goofy play on words with my new name. :) I'm positive that conversation combined with Mr. Schalks, "My name is 'chalk' with an 's' in front of it," is what sparked my studio name! Good memories...

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!