Archive

Monday, October 12, 2009

Punkin' & Spice and Everything Nice Muffin Bites


This weekend we were blessed to have my mama over for lunch before the pups went to training class. Before we learned the come command and how to get along with friends the humans enjoyed some tailgate chili. Mr. Schalk decided hamburger is out and steak is in, so we got the real deal. Delicious chunks of steak mixed with just about everything but the kitchen sink. I put celery in my chili along with about a gajillion spices, italian sausage and a bunch of other goodness. Who know, perhaps the kitchen sink is even in there. "Adds protein," as mama would say.

I didn't have long between church and class and I wanted to use the rest of the pumpkin from the pumpkin bites. So I decided to whip up some super easy punkin' spice muffin bites. Then, I realized I was down to one solitary egg. So I had to cut back the ratios quite a bit. It still worked out and with less mess.

So, without further adieu, and because I'm sleepy, here is the easiest punkin' muffin bite recipe ever. "It's so tasty, too!" (Name that Lucy episode)


Punkin'& Spice and Everything Nice Muffin Bites

The List:

• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger

The Steps:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line mini muffin pan with liners or lightly grease and flour pan.

Bowl #1: mix together pumpkin, egg, oil, water and sugar until well blended.

Bowl #2: whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.

Stir Bowl #2 (dry) into Bowl #1 (wet) until just blended. Pour into muffin cups.

Bake for 13-15 minutes in the preheated oven until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

Sprinkle with a light dusting of powdered sugar while warm. Let cool before indulging for maximum punkin' taste.

Yields: 1 mini-muffin pan worth of punkin' spice muffins (or maybe 6 large although I didn't test this).

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. i adore mini things!! these look scrumptious. i do believe they are missing like a cup of frosting on each muffin though. can you put frosting on muffins? only in my world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally put frosting on muffins. After PW's post about punkin muffins with cream cheese I have been thinking about doing that to these bad boys. :)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!