Archive

Thursday, October 1, 2009

peace in the week

Shaker Village, Pleasant Hill Kentucky - circa 2007


Should you only blog when you feel inspired? witty? of some, however slight, interest to your 3 readers? I've struggled all week with my posts. I don't want to post random thoughts that don't have much depth or humor or...interest. However, these little posts are a sweet release for me. They are a chance to unwind, play with photos, document the going-ons in my little life. It's fun! Yet, I don't feel witty or reflective these days. I feel sleepy. Very sleepy. But happy.

Blessings have been abundant this week. God is certainly calming me and bringing me peace about my days. He has kept my mind occupied with friends and activities and I've hardly had time to complain about the boring parts of life (a.k.a. the money making 8 hour part of my weekdays...you know...). We don't talk about that in this blog. Not until my full time j-o-b is making sweetness on Etsy. Of course, that would require winning the lottery that I don't play so that I wouldn't have to worry about making money. I would just have fun making and selling and meeting new people via Etsy. It's gonna happen. One way or another something is going to happen. I can tell. For now, I recite God's beautiful words whenever I get annoyed. I focus on blessings and I try to be a good servant.

Shaker Village, Pleasant Hill, Kentucky - December 2006


Jesus is beautiful. His plan, His timing, it is all perfect. I cannot fathom one single second not sheltered and made free by his wing of protection and grace. So I will sleep tonight knowing I am protected. Knowing God is not finished with me and His plan is still coming to fruition for my life. Safe in the knowledge that I am living each day to His glory and that perhaps He wants me right where I am at. In this moment. In these circumstances. With these goals and dreams and a passion to align my will with His. May my every thought, movement and breath echo God's will for me and my family and my environment. Amen.


Shaker Village, Pleasant Hill, Kentucky - May 2008

3 comments:

  1. your last paragraph was simply wonderful. i bet jesus smiles from ear to ear whenever he thinks about you. i am awfully grateful for friends grounded in such rich truths. you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, What is all this talk about 3 readers?! I'm positive you have hundreds of secret readers...it's just that only three of them are willing to admit they are stalkers :-)

    You're thoughts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement Liz & Julie! You are dear stalkers...I mean friends. I miss you both! It's funny you say that b/c I feel like I stalk your blogs all the time!

    Blessings and happy weekends to you both!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!