I heart Mrs. Pryor!
Bub's Cafe - October 2009
Bub's Cafe - October 2009
What a fabulous filled-to-the-brim weekend! Quite literally with the uber cute punkin' pie bites I made for the Oktoberfest…but we'll get to that later.
Mr. Schalk and I enjoyed a sweet game of Settlers of Catan at the Pryor's this weekend. Also, sweet was the oh-so-delish apple crisp that Mrs. Pryor made. I wish I had gotten a picture of Leslie shredding butter with the stand grater. It made perfect sense to me. It saves time instead of cutting the butter in small bits for the crumb topping. Not as logical to our friend, Matt, who could not stop laughing. He and Mr. Schalk actually left the room to discuss if they were both witnessing the same thing. When they returned we all questioned them as to what was sooo funny. Finally after prodding and guessing, someone said, “Is it because she’s shredding butter?” Oh my goodness, the laughter that ensued was paramount. I guess you had to be there. But then I would have had to share my apple crisp, and I’m not sure I’m mature enough to do that. It was that good.
Also good was the Bub's Cafe breakfast we had with our friends on Saturday. Are those homemade doughnut holes I smell?

We got to know Chad & Leslie Pryor during our college days at Huntington. Back when Les and I had different last names. Since those days we have gotten married, bought our first homes and various other things that come with being "responsible" adults. Our awesome friend and fellow HU Alum, Matt, joined us, too. This adventure man is the most compassionate, funny, knows-no-boundaries friend around. It was such a fun surprise to have him around this weekend. Not to mention his sweet branch grabbing skills.

That pesky branch has been hanging out in the top of our tree for a while now. Guess we should have had Matt over sooner. Thanks buddy! You now have first rights to our oh-so-chic futon and a fresh breakfast of Cheerios and O.J. any time you want.

It's a guy thing. Fourth guy is Matt's photo colleague, Zach. Cool kid. They were on their way to Seaside, Florida for a Vera Bradley photo shoot. Hey, hey can I come? I'm great at ordering lattes!
Glad Mr. Schalk humors me with my incessant photo needs. I can't say the same for Mr. Pryor. I seem to be getting the "look."I hope you all had enjoyable weekends, too! This morning, at church, we sang Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir's We are United:
We are united in Jesus Christ
We are the soldiers of the light
We don't wrestle flesh and blood
But principalities of the dark
We do our marching to one beat
Crushing the enemy under our feet
We are mighty in our stand
With God's word in our hand
It was awesome! God was definitely jamming with us. It felt powerful to know that God's word and grace are behind us in this dark world. The temptations of the world can fall behind me because I've got J-E-S-U-S! You should have seen our choir belting this tune out. They were so happy to be praising God!
Next up ladies and germs..the previously mentioned and super cute Pumpkin Pie Bites! Stay tuned to be amazed, amused and...um....hungry? Did someone say dinner? I'm outta here!

No comments:
Post a Comment