Archive

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

community

You know what I love about blogging? The community. The fact that there are so many great people out there who have blogs. It started with Liz and Abigail.

Liz: dreamer, Jesus lover, baker, artist, cupcake connoisseur, and a sweet dearie friend.



Abigail: along with the above - beautiful, funny, honest, a serious heart for God and His people. Friends since age 3.


After my real life friends came new sites. New people with new stories. Pioneer Woman, Bakerella and Miz Booshay over at Quiet Life. Then real friends interspersed with bloggie finds and there was Pastor Ryan, Julie, Sean and the other Moose. My list could go on for days. A real web of thoughts, sharing, tears and laughter. My prayers are lifted up for sweet Kate. I laughed with PW's "enormous" snake. What joy community brings! It is a joy to pray for others. It is a joy to laugh with them. It is a joy to feel connected.

These are real people. With real passions, real lives and real stories. I love stories! Everyone has them. They are all unique. Good, bad, ugly, beautiful, awkward...it is the tie that binds. In the last week I have found two wonderful bloggers. Farmgirl Paints and through her site, Pampering Beki. Confession: Everytime I see Farmgirl's name pop up on my blog updates I think it says, "Farmgirl Pants." I don't know why. Paints is so much cooler and appropriate. She is NOT the farmgirl pants type. I don't think. Not that there is anything wrong with farmgirl pants. What would they even look like?


Anyway, I digress. It just makes me smile, because I secretly like thinking someone would call their blog farmgirl pants.

But, you see, that's just the thing. Even with my goofy dyslexic mix-up it makes it personal. It's a story. Albeit, a totally dorky story, but it's still real. I love the genuine aspect of my bloggy friends. Even if I never meet them and never know them for 'real'. They are still real people who share some pretty fun and honest stories. This is life.

So, Farmgirl PAINTS is having a giveaway. She is giving away a beautiful piece of jewelry from her friend Pampering Beki. PB sells things on Etsy. I heart Etsy more than bacon! Mmm, bacon. We all know how much this Midwestern girl likes her bacon. Which shows how much I adore Etsy!

Have you seen Pampering Beki's jewelry? Gorgeous and unique! Just like my new bloggy pals.

This one is my particular favorite. I love the irregularity of the copper and pearl. It reminds me that God loves us just as we are - irregular yet beautiful in His eyes.

And I wish I was French.

So, go enter her giveaway and cross your fingers. Mine are in my head. I would cross them for real but then I couldn't keep rambling. You wish!

Three cheers for giveaways and stories!

xoxo, Rachel

11 comments:

  1. you are the cutest freakin thing ever!! thank you so much for posting my huge head on your page and saying such sweet things!! i get insanely joyful anytime i come here and read your posts. sometimes i forget to comment but i truly check this thing at least 3 times a day. and im sure you know this, miss spy. i love you and love the changes you're makin here and i cant wait for this blog of yours to blow upppp. you can be the next pioneer woman.. only... less pioneery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you are toooooo nice!!

    I read it as Farmgirl Pants too! Too funny.

    and bacon... Oh how I love pork products. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Liz! I'm glad you don't mind me posting your beautiful face on my blog. I didn't know you were a Cupcake for Moose stalker, but I hoped as much. It's only fitting since I check yours just as many times a day! You're a doll! I wish we could go play in the rain today!

    Insane joy is the best! xoxo

    ____________________

    Thanks for checking out my blog Beki!

    Haha, another farmgirl pants reader. Funnnny!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your insights on the blogging community! I love reading other's stories...it gives you an interesting insight on their life. I also love Liz's huge photo, which brings me to the question - How does that girl stay so stinkin cute all the time? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Julie. We totally need to find out Liz's secrets! Like how she stays so fashionably adorable, keeps her eyeliner on 24/7 and manages to look beautiful YEAR ROUND. Of course, I could ask the same questions to you...minus the eyeliner question if I'm not mistaken. I have the most beautiful friends inside & out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely post... lovely new blog design. i have ben absent for awhile, that may be really old. :( have a wonderfully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melinda Sue! Thanks for the comment and compliments! The design is new...you haven't missed much over here in my neck of the woods. :) I hope the new house activities are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to let you know that your stories really make my day. Some stories bring tears to my eyes (happy tears) and really touch me and help me face my day. Hope things are well with you. See you in a few weeks for some raking, fun!! Love ya!!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww,thanks Theresa! You are so sweet. I'm glad they are happy tears. :) It's a blessing to have a place where I can talk about Jesus and His amazing love for all of us! I miss you and am looking forward to seeing you soon! Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww...thanks for the mention and the big ole picture of my thanake'd face! hehe, now all your readers can join my daddy in wondering, "what on earth is on that girl's face?!" it's been a wonderful 23+ years of friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Abigail, you are a doll! I love your thanake'd face and your sweet spirit. Thanks for the lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!