Archive

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Liz Cake


Yes, this is it.

I did it.

I had to.

Well, I didn't have to, but I did. Gladly.

The Liz cake.

As in, my sister, Liz. Not to be confused with my friend, Liz. Although, Liz friend was the beautiful girly girl who led me to Classic Cakes so I owe her a debt of gratitude. So does my waist line. That is, if chubby is coming back in style. Oh, I hope so! This cake is SO worth chubby!



I had every intention of buy either the a.) prettiest cake in the case or b.) white on white. I love a good wedding cake and I usually prefer white on white to anything else. However, the nice lady behind the cake glass said that Pound Cake with Almond icing and Chocolate Truffle filling was there specialty. Oh my, was it ever! She let me sample a bite and oh mama, it was good! Moist, almond-y with a hint of chocolate. Oh me oh my! Cake heaven!

My dear Sis was overjoyed! She was seriously touched that I would buy her a cake. It wasn't her birthday, but it was a day to celebrate. My Sis and her hubby had never spent the weekend at our house before. What fun! It was so cute to see how excited she got. Even if she didn't read the Liz cake post. It didn't matter. We had a fun weekend, lots of laughter and CAKE. Amazing almond chocolate truffle pound cake!

Mmmm, delish! I couldn't get a good "bite" picture before I scarfed it down so this has to do.

Go buy yourself a Happy Birthday cake. It's Tuesday, you're worth it and God loves you! I think He blessed us with cake just to see goofy grins spread across our faces. I can't wait for the next non-event slight excuse to buy a cake from CC's.

Happy Tuesday Friends!

1 comment:

  1. wonderful wonderful!!! gah i am in love with these pictures. what a wonderful sister you are! everyone needs a happy birthday cake when its not their birthday!

    pound cake eh?! with almond and chocolate?! goodness sakes. guess what. i found out that if you skip all your other meals you can totally eat like three huge pieces with no problem! i find it totally worth it, but my mom says 'so unhealthy'.. WHATEVER.

    watch me make an impromptu trip to go pick a random cake up this week. just WATCH me. its become a sick obsession.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!