
Tonight's dinner is brought to you by the student union. Patachou can call itself whatever it likes - I call it astoundingly wonderful. I do, and it is. This is the same compay as the Patachou from the cake post, but it's another offspring. The "we're open for dinner" offspring. Petite Chou is definitely in the ranks of favorite dinner spot in Indy. It is a close second to Jasmine and at times may be the front runner. I asked Mr. Schalk for a "fresh" restaurant and boy did he deliver. Perfect suggestion, Mr. Schalk!

Hello green tea. You are fruity, fresh and not-too-sweet. Thank you for refreshing me while I wait for Mr. Schalk to contemplate the menu in its beautiful entirety. Can you blame the man? This menu has about a gajillion choices that all tantalize the taste buds in their own special way.
Fresh, local at times and all together complex. Yet, also very light. My taste buds are still watering. It took a while to figure out our menu, but when the Kevin Pereira look-alike waiter finally came back we were ready. He was a cool dude and gladly took our order.

Yes, please.
For Mr. Schalk, Salade Niçoise. "A seared tuna steak, niçoise olives, baby potatoes, red onion and hard boiled egg on a bed of field green slightly tossed in our sweet vinaigrette." Oh baby!
To share, Duck Fat Frites. "Potatoes fried the authentic way in duck fat. Served with housemade aioli and Dijon mayonnaise." We are nothing if not authentic.
Fresh Berry Crêpe - A warm crêpe filled with fresh berries and crème anglaise, with a light sprinkling of vanilla sugar. Stop the train, I've found heaven.
Yes, I had dessert for dinner. I'm not ashamed. In fact, I planned it accordingly. Knowing the beautiful mixed fruit crepe with creme anglaise, was calling my name I wisely had the soup and tartine for the "regular" part of dinner.
The tartine was an open faced sandwich of house roasted turkey breast. You can see it up top on the left. Greens surrounded the freshest, thickest slice of roast turkey imaginable, which was set a top toasted french bread with herbed cream cheese, cucumber and tomato. Oh the flavors were divine! I love when restaurants use fresh quality ingredients and don't try to mask average with heavy sauces and fat. Okay, the crepe was laden with fat. But it was the fresh delicious kind. No regrets.
The soup was a late summer vegetable soup. I don't have a picture, but let me tell you it was adorable. Tiny zukes, corn and carrots swimming in a clear veggie broth. Tasty!
Let's look at that crepe up close.

Oh my!

Oh yes!
For my dear friend, Abigail. Remember this sign in the restroom of Petite Chou? Yes, deary this is the one. I took 2 months of advanced french studies to translate it for you. Or, I just googled it. Believe what you will.

oh my goodness - that's the crepe i should have gotten! so yummy! i made crepes last night for my roommates, but i can't hold a candle to petite chou. man they need to get one down here in fort myers! i have to hold out until christmas for more!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Christmas present to look forward to - crepes from Patachou! I wish I could have been your roommate last night and eaten your crepes. I bet they were divine miss abigail! xoxo
ReplyDeleteyeah well today i tried a yogokiss smoothie! beat that! you can't! just kidding. you totally did. i am incredibly jealous. deeelissssshhhh. i went off my diet today too. instead of the 'fresh delicious' kind of fat i went to trader joes and got trail mix and sweet potato chips and gosh dang nearly ate all of it. what the heck is going on! love this post.
ReplyDeleteha, this post loves YOU too my deary little Liz! Diets are so lame - I can never stick to them. My brain did not even think about south beach tonight. it just isn't possible when their are better ways to spend my life - like berry crepes and yogokiss! Unless....yogokiss diet! what? it's "fat free." missed you today!
ReplyDelete