Archive

Friday, September 25, 2009

fall bokeh

early morning - by Mr. Schalk

Miz Booshay is having a photo assignment over at Pioneer Woman. Fall bokeh at it's best. It's a fun way to see other people's photos/blogs/interests. I submitted this picture by Mr. Schalk because, well...look at it! Isn't it lovely? "Hello, mr. stem, you are quite cute sticking up in the glowing frosty morn." The bokeh is nice and soft and ethereal. Bokeh is how the camera captures the out of focus parts. That would be the not technical definition. Something in focus and something not - contrast makes the world go 'round. What? Yes, I'm tired, thanks for asking. Bokeh is great word, don't you think? This is the picture I submitted to the Flickr group.


Little punkin' head bonnie. She is very happy that fall is here! If I weren't so tired I would probably elaborate. Instead here are some more pictures that I like. Most of these are sans bokeh.



Sweetness from our wedding
Indiana, September 2005





Shadow games - early morning hike by Lake Superior
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, UP Michigan




There's always one in the group.
Harrodsburg, Kentucky - Baxter House 2008

p.s. tomorrow i'm posting a most delicious dessert recipe. stay tuned for amazing!

2 comments:

  1. did i ever tell you i have a huge soft spot in my heart for donkeys and goats?!?! especially tiny ones. look at that baby donkey! how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, that is EXACTLY why we are such good friends. I adore baby animals. You're right, the donkey is a doll! I am trying to convince mr. schalk to move to a farm and let me have pygmy goats and a pet pig.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!