
It's summer in Indiana, despite the crazy temperatures, and zucchini bread is a must. Well, to be truthful it was not at the top of my summer to do list. However, the tides changed when my Hoosier born sister sent me a recipe for blueberry zucchini bread.
She wowed all her co-workers in her swanky downtown Chicago office with this Indiana fave. Okay, I don't know if it's a swanky office, but I had to say that. I guess it might be swanky. Let's pretend it is. It's definitely in the Loop and that just sounds swanky. "My office is in the Loop." Oh la la...NO ONE makes zucchini bread in their office in the Loop...EXCEPT my sister. She is like that. She dressed up as Minnie Mouse in the middle of the school year. It was not Halloween. It was probably just a Tuesday. That is my sister. She is a professional business woman, but she is not afraid to be different. Different these days means making blueberry zucchini bread for her swanky office co-workers.
Geez Louise did I ever digress on that one.
So, I made the bread because she said it was good. And I had a ton of fresh blueberries. The ironic thing is I had to go buy zucchini at whole foods for the recipe. That is funny because Hoosiers make zuke bread because of the abundance of the green veggie in their gardens. Not me. Not yet. Maybe next summer.
Boy, was it good! B is not a big dessert eater, but he gobbled these up before they had time to realize they were out of the oven. I made little iddy biddy bread loaves in a muffin pan that has a loaf shape instead of a muffin shape. Know what I mean?
It's a bid deal if B thinks they're good. He thought they were so tasty he ate two in a row. That's impressive. After many kind words he said, "I don't mean to be offensive....but...these taste healthy."That is actually a compliment. Trust me. They were tasty, sweet, fruity and lovely. However, the touch of zucchini added enough "healthy" taste to constitute eating another one. We won't tell him how much sugar is in there. I think he knows.
The recipe isn't mine or my sister's. It's at allrecipes. You should go check it out if you're looking for a good Indiana zucchini bread. Do other states make this treat? I hope so. I guess they do because the recipe creator is from Oregon. Way to go Oregon! I knew you had great blueberries, but never realized zukes were also in your neck of the woods. Go make the bread and stop indulging me in my rambling. You can thank me later. I'll be here.

Mmmmm.....thank you Sister! xoxo
yummmmmmmmmm!!!
ReplyDeletei loved this!!
i made bread yesterday too and am posting it today.
zucchini blueberry sounds like a real winner compared to peanut butter banana almond flour cocoa chip bread. gsdogijsdg. dont gag, its gonna be alright.
p.s.}gorgeous pics
Thanks! It was very yummy but loaded with non-Liz things...mainly white sugar. ;) I am wanting to try stevia but I'm afraid I'll get a tummy ache. Any problems with that when you use it?
ReplyDeleteHmmm.... pb, banana, almound flour, cocoa chip. That's a mouthful but sounds delish!
oh rachel. you must try stevia. it doesnt bother me AT ALL. i promise. it is expensive though. i get a plastic small bottle of it (with the flip tops on it) and it costs me 10 bucks. ouch. the GOOD news is that a tablespoon(i think) of it equals one regular cup of sugar! so it takes quite a while to run out.
ReplyDeletebut hey, if you like your sugar keep using it!
now splenda on the other hand. splenda is POISON. that stuff RUINS my stomach for DAYS after eating it. stay awayyyy.