Archive

Monday, June 16, 2014

Dear Chief: 9 months

IMG_6548c

IMG_6347

IMG_6542c

IMG_6367c

IMG_6706c

IMG_6540c


Dear Chief,

You are nine months old! I cannot fully express what a joy the past nine months have been with you in our lives. I love you so much. Each month your personality peeks through a little more and I sit back in awe that I get to be your Mama. This month you are still cruising along any furniture or cabinet you can pull yourself up. You have learned to shake your head when I say "no, no" and think it is hilarious when I say "no, no" to playing in Bonnie's dog food bowl.  Eating dog food is yucky, buddy. Just take my word for it, and you will thank me later.

You took your first boat ride this week. You loved it! The wind in your hair, sitting at the wheel and exploring the boat. The first of many rides to come. Your Daddy and I were thrilled you enjoyed it so much. The lake loving tradition lives on!

Your Daddy and Sister have a tie for who makes you laugh the most. Tonight Daddy won the prize as you were laughing over and over at his silly antics. You are strong, curious and quite active. You love peek-a-boo, blowing (& receiving) raspberries, and crawling around with random flat toys (i.e. the wooden cookie) in your mouth. You eat great and get quite excited for baby food to pick up on your own, like mum mums and puffs. Don't let anyone be fooled by those scrumptious cheeks - you are only in the 30th percentile in weight. Although, 60th in height and 100th in handsome. I suppose that makes you long and lean. All I know is that you are the absolute perfect size to play and snuggle with.

Last week at your 9 month check up you received one shot. Shots are never fun, and I assumed you would whimper a bit. Your nurse, Jen, gave you the shot and said, "poke, burn, burn" since it was a yucky one.  You didn't even flinch or give her a dirty look. You sat quietly, took the shot, paused then looked up at her and gave her the friendliest smile. I was amazed and yet, that is so true to your personality. Friendly, calm and curious. I always wanted a son just like your Daddy, and I dare say God has answered my prayers. You have an amazing Daddy to look up to. He is calm, collected, wise and funny. I have a hunch you are going to be the exact same way - with your own unique qualities, too.

You are growing up way too fast, but I will let you because I am thoroughly enjoying seeing you develop. Just don't grow too fast, please. Holding you in my arms, especially when you fall asleep is one of my greatest joys. I felt that way about your Sister and I feel the exact same way with you. All is right in my world when you are drifting off in my arms.

You are such a sweet, happy, wild boy. We all love you more than you can ever imagine. Happy 9 months, little man!

xo, Mama

IMG_6521sv

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!