Archive

Monday, May 19, 2014

Dear Chief: 8 months


IMG_5934c
"Hi, Mama!"

Dear Chief, 

Happy eight months to you, little man! You are so much fun. You are crawling all over the place, which is adorable and keeps us on our toes. Speaking of toes, you are now pulling yourself up to standing any chance you can. It began with you crawling to the bathroom to stand up against the bathtub. You knocked the toys into the tub and even hiked your leg trying to get in. Thankfully, Mama was watching every move and you're a bit too small to actually get yourself over. You are a strong little man, however. I am certain if you could have figured out a way to get your leg over you would have by brute force alone. 

You are the sweetest boy. I just adore the smiles you have after a good nap and the way you snuggle in my arms. You have grown to love your baby food and get pretty excited watching me get it ready. You like your fruits and whole milk yogurt the best, but you eat your veggies like a champ, too.

It is hard to put into words just how much I adore you, Chief. You just have to look at me and I melt into a puddle of joy and sentiment. You were always meant to be a part of our family and we are so grateful. Your deep brown eyes and sweet expression leave me thanking God for you each and every day. I pray over you while you sleep - prayers of gratitude, prayers that you will use your strength for God's glory and prayers for your future family. How did I get such an honor as to be your Mother? You are a wild, bright light in this world and we are so, so thankful that you chose us as your family. 

I love you to the moon and back!
xo, Mama


IMG_5920c
Book worm

IMG_5982c
"I'm going to get you, Mama!"
IMG_6020
Little Brother problems such as....
IMG_5996_clg
...big Sister putting barrettes in your hair. That is the "seriously, Mama? Help!" look. hehe, you're a good sport.

IMG_6021
outtake - my two wild things - xo

1 comment:

  1. He is so adorable!
    I feel that it has been eons since I last visited your blog.
    I do hope all is well Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!