Archive

Friday, December 6, 2013

Dear Chief: 2 Months

IMG_2179c
I'm two months old!
IMG_2200c
IMG_2247c
IMG_2193c

Dear Chief,

    You are two months old! Well, actually you're almost three months now. I took these photos on your two month birthday, but it's been a crazy few weeks and your letter has taken a back seat. Don't worry, the snuggles and love have not let up. You are truly a delightful baby. If I had to describe you in two words it would be calm and focused. You are so happy and rarely cry unless you're hungry or you've been in the car seat for too long. You smile and have just started laughing on occasion. The way you stare into my eyes is amazing. You focus in and give me a grin that transports me to this euphoric state of happiness. Time stops and I just want to goo over your adorable face for the rest of my life. Your sister has done it and so have you - gone and captured my heart in the most wonderful of ways.

Two things constantly run through my head, these days.

"The Lord is my strength and shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped." -Psalm 28:7

We have gone through a lot the last month, but we've grown closer as a family and seen God's provision and love every step of the way. We sold our house, had our cars totaled/severely damaged in a tornado/straight line wind storm, moved into a new house, had a horrible round of food poisoning/stomach bug (not sure which, but trust me it was bad) and gone back to work. Phew. It is a lot, but there have been blessings even during the tough moments. Ashley gently reminded me that God has allowed the tougher times because He knows they will strengthen us and bring us back to Him. God loves us and wants us to extend love to others no matter our circumstance. Loving God and loving His people is all that matters in this world, my son. Trust me as I remind myself of that truth daily.

"My children are delightful people, whom I would love even if they weren't my children." - Toni Morrison

I look at you and your sister and repeat these words over and over. It's all that seems to suffice when my heart is so big it overtakes my own words. I truly delight in you both. To think it's a small glimpse of the way God delights in us is inspiring. How will I teach you what a mighty God we serve? In my actions and my desire to have a servant's heart. Every day is not always beautiful, but I am honored that God chose me to be your Mama. I hope I can show you love in action each and every day.

Little Chief, you are quite a man. I pray for your strength and purpose - that you will have your father's quiet confidence and a charm all your own. I love you oh so much!

Happy two months!

Love,
Mama


IMG_2225c
Out take! My little man child is ready to take on the world...or at least the next pirate ship that comes by. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!