![]() |
This summer has seemed to last quite a long time, although I can hardly believe it is already September. I have longed for more energy and creativity this summer, but I am grateful for a smooth pregnancy and a family that has offered much grace as I have slowed down to almost a snail's pace. It has been a summer of reflection and soaking up the small things like dinners on the back porch and wonderful toddler conversations that leave me laughing, and often shaking my head, each and every day. I adore the thoughts that come out of Miss Cricket's mouth. That girl is the epitome of spunk and joy. I thank God every day for her, her Daddy and the littlest one about to make his way into our family and our hearts.
I know everyone says your heart expands, rather than divides, with the addition of more children. I firmly believe that, yet I cannot imagine its full truth until it happens. God is so good and I am pretty certain I will have felt that I have won the life lottery when I meet this little man face-to-face in a week or so. No amount of money or possessions could ever top the gratitude and love I have for my little family. Joy, joy, joy and it's about to increase! How is that even possible?
The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust in him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Psalm 28:7, NLT

You have definitely won the life lottery. I feel that way too. Absolutely. I am thinking of you and your new baby that is soon to be. May God bless your family.
ReplyDeleteRachel, sooo good to see these pictures, love you.
ReplyDeleteRosemary