Archive

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ball Game Date Night

photo 3
Date nights are few and far between these days, but thanks to my sweet parents we have been able to have a few lovely dates this Spring and Summer. We are trying to make the most of our time together before the little man-child arrives and Mama become sleep deprived for a while. I do not function well on little sleep...or little food for that matter. But, we Mamas (and Daddys) do what we have to do for our babes. Those sleepless nights are fleeting...please remind me of this when I'm bleary eyed and yawning all day long. Even those days are full to the brim of blessings.


photo 1
Last night, Mr. Schalk and I went out to the ball game. He got free tickets from work we were excited for a night out. While Cricket stayed home with Nana to make mustaches out of mashed potatoes ("I have a moo-stash, Nana. Just like Sir Hatt. How do I look?") we took off for the ball park.

Every time we have a date it seems we let out a collective sigh and relax a little more than normal. We do not take any time together for granted and always seem to have fun attitudes and a sense of adventure. Well, as much a sense of adventure as this 6 month pregnant homebody can muster up. I do try to limit the kiddo talk and laugh as much as possible. Mr.Schalk always makes the funniest jokes and is super happy on our dates. Who can blame him? A time to get out and do something adult is a treat not to be wasted on the cranky.

We munched on hot dogs, fries and laughter while we chatted with work colleagues and ball fans. It was hot with a slight breeze - ideal Indiana summer weather. We won the game, but more importantly we shared an evening of fun and hanging out together. It never gets old.

photo 2
Mr. Schalk liked how you could see the smoke stacks beyond the field. I like how he sees the details and beauty in the every day.

We laughed and talked and listened to Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald on the way home. Looking through the lighted houses on Meridian Street we picked out our favorites and enjoyed the scenic drive home.

It was a very good night.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, you are just the sweetest couple! I love reading about your family. I think you are all adorable and just the best. My daughter had her baby last Saturday, a boy, Cameron David, 7 pounds 9 ounces. Keeping your own wee one in my prayers that all goes well with you both! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, congrats Marie! It is so neat that your daughter and I happen to have both our kiddos so close in age. I hope she and baby are doing well. Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. xo

      Delete
  2. I am so happy for you.
    I love your attitude about life.
    And a new baby! WHAT WHAT!
    Stop the truck!
    Now I will smile all day for you.
    What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!