We had a little shindig at my parent's house to announce baby #2 was a boy. Do you remember when we had
Cricket's reveal party? That was a lot of fun!
This time we all gathered around the table, munching on pink and blue cupcakes, cookies and punch. My oh-so coordinated Mama decorated the room perfectly. It was so exciting to see blue and pink all around. My Sister and I are both pregnant, her with twins. Christmas is going to be SO much fun! We are going from two kiddos to five in a year. I'm super excited! Talk about God's perfect timing. Who would have thought being five years apart, we'd be blessed with kiddos so close in age?
The girls LOVED the cupcakes and spending time with each other.
 |
| Cousin is such a pretty girl! xo |
 |
| Cupcakes and her Daddy = one VERY happy Cricket! |
 |
| |
Cricket was saying, "Go Cousin, go!" complete with hand clapping and jumping. She is such an animated and encouraging kiddo. She is still a little small for Clip Clop the horse, although she does get adventurous if the mood hits her. However, she much prefers "horsey" and takes him everywhere she can at my parent's house. Whether it's down the lane with Papa Ed or grocery shopping with Nana, she is thrilled if he can join her. He sits in the car while they shop, but he is always near by. I can't blame her. I loved this horse as a kiddo, too.
 |
| Cousins and little people - win, win! |
 |
| Tickles from Papa Ed |
 |
| Cricket has a sassafras branch in her mouth. A family tradition to munch on...yum! |
My sweet Mama really wanted a photo of my Sister and I together. Although, it is not the most flattering outfit in my wardrobe, one has to oblige her Mama. I am glad to have this photo as I doubt my Sister and I will be pregnant at the same time again. Although, one never knows....
 |
| Must be nice to be tall and have more room for baby (or babies) to grow. C'est la vie! I love my Sis, height and all! |
It was a great weekend, full of fun, cupcakes and kiddos. In a few months we'll be adding to the brood and really celebrating!
Oh boy!
About A Cupcake for Moose
Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!
xo, Rachel
All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!
Ooo I didn't realise you are expecting again! Congratulations! You must both be over the moon.
ReplyDeleteGemma xXx
Thanks so much Gemma! Yes, we are all very excited about the newest addition on the way. :) Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteOh wow, that is for sure going to be a fun Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteHow special that you and your sister are sharing this wonderful time together!! I'll bet Grandma & Grandpa are over the moon! Congratulations to everyone!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Does your sister know the gender of the twins?
Congratulations Rachel! Both to you and your sister! My daughter who was pregnant at the same time as you before is also pregnant again. Her baby is due the end of this month. She hasn't told anyone what she is having, but I think there's a strong chance it is a boy. I think it's pretty awesome that once again you and she have similar things going on in your lives!
ReplyDeleteI love your family. Love, Love. LOVE! Your Mama decorated the house for the party! And your Daddy takes the babies on rides. What fun. I am so excited for you. I am almost crying here at my desk at work. I better get myself together. Should I read a few more posts?
ReplyDeleteYou know I really love you if I am leaving all these comments and I have to do word verification. : ) I am adding you to my blog sidebar. I swore you were there already. I am sorry I haven't been here in so long.