Archive

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Dear Cricket: Twenty Months

IMG_5702bw2
(a rousing game of bath tub patty cake...or...clapping because she is the big 2-0...months, that is!)
Dear Cricket,

Oh my darling, how I adore you! You are blossoming into such an adorable, spunky, interesting little girl. You are still our baby, but with your personality shining like never before you are our little girl, too. We are having so much fun with you these days!

Here are a few things that I want to remember about you at 20 months:

* You are not a chatter box, but you talk A LOT and repeat almost everything we say and do. Most of your words have an extra vowel at the end (milka, please-a, birda, thoma). I will be sad the day that stops. It's SO cute!

* This morning you held your hand up and said, "hi five." We high-fived and you said, "dow lo" so we did down low hand slaps. I pulled away and said, "too slow," which you began repeating with a smile. We sure have fun!

* You are a great helper and love to be "useful." You'll bring things that belong to us (Daddy's wallet, Nana's glasses). You are also great at getting dressed and knowing your rules (coat on before going outside, helmet on before a bike ride). You are starting to test your limits, but who can blame a girl for trying?
IMG_5703bw
* You love being outside. Your run almost faster than Bonnie to get out the door and play. I can't remember one single time you were ready to come inside on your own free will. Instead, you usually cry when we bring you indoors. I adore your love for nature, animals and exploring your environment.

* You still have a love affair with Thomas and all his train buddies. You can look at black and white sheets of each train and name them just by their facial appearances.You know Thomas, Percy, Gordon, Harold the helicopter, Toby, Diesel, Henry and James. I have no idea how you learned this, but it's pretty impressive.

* You are starting to enjoy carrying around your toys, like Elmo, Big Bird or your dollies. You give them "huggies" and then I melt from the sheer adorableness that is YOU!

* Eating - well you're eating better, but still about as much as a bird. You want milk ALL the time. We literally have to ration you, or I'm certain you would drink milk all. day. long. Your favorites are still spaghetti, broccoli, peas, cheese, eggs, hummus, crackers, cantaloupe and ice cream. You have yet to enjoy those things with weird textures like meat or strawberries.

* You love going "bye-bye", too, and will point your finger and say, "Let's go."

* Right now you especially enjoy coloring, stickers, reading, brushing your teeth with kiddo toothpaste and the always popular activity of tormenting Bonnie. :)

IMG_5698bw
Girl, you are the bee's knees! You keep us on our toes and make us smile all day long. Your facial expressions are incredible. The way you look at us out of the corner of your eye with that sly grin gets me every time. I love your serious face, fish face and full on cheesy-whole-face-smile. You are making decisions and learning new things every day. It is an honor to be your Mama! I thank our mighty God for you every day. You are such a gift!

Daddy and I love you to the moon and back, punkin'. To the moon and back forever!

xo, Mama

1 comment:

  1. Greta is such a beautiful girl Rachel. You have a real sweetheart there, but you already know that. I Love to read about her progress. As you know I have a granddaughter the same age and it helps me to picture how our little Maryn is progressing too. Love and hugs to you and your sweet little family! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!