It is so easy to take photos of Mr. Schalk and Cricket on vacation (or anytime). They are so darn cute together. It is harder, however, to put myself in those photos. My body is far from ideal and there are too many areas to mention that seem bothersome. I just enjoy cookies so darn much. Sigh...
However, I could not post a vacation series without a few photos of my girl and me. I have a feeling Miss Cricket is not as critical. She will someday want to see photos of herself and and a younger version of Mama. I would if I were her. When I put these photos in her book to remember the vacation that made Summer 2012 extra special I hope they bring a smile to her face. When she sees the photo of the bunny that Mama sewed on her shirt, while she took summer naps at the lake, I hope she is reminded that the love I have for her knows no bounds. I made that bunny out of scraps and love just to see her eyes widen and hear her say, "hop hop" as she pointed at her new bunny pal. And, also to feed the desire to create again. A happy Mama makes a happy home.
I feel at times that I am nothing but scraps and bits and pieces of who I was and who I am becoming. Some beautiful and some that leave much room for improvement. Yet, just like the
Velveteen rabbit I come alive with love. With Christ's love and grace I am made beautiful from the inside. I like to think the ones that mean the most to me see my heart and look past my outward imperfections. And, I hope and pray I do the same. That is the kind of love that makes this sweet little life magical. Purposeful hearts and joyful living. That is my goal and my prayer.
Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty...You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.
1 Peter 3:3-4 (NLT)
About A Cupcake for Moose
Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!
xo, Rachel
All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!
I've been enjoying your vacation photos so much! Especially on instagram. I'm glad you decided to be in a few. :) You are beautiful!
ReplyDelete