Archive

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Our Summer Vacation - Part 1

IMG_4164
Daddy's Little Driver
IMG_4162
Hold on tight!
IMG_4121
Sweet girl. xo
IMG_4176
Hi Dada!
IMG_4189
Happy girls!
Last month, we took a much needed Summer vacation. It was glorious. Mr. Schalk's parents graciously let us stay at their lake house for a week each summer to get away from the hustle and bustle of the everyday. Thank you!!!

I can honestly say without a doubt that the week we spent at the lake this year was the most relaxed I have been in two years. We just soaked each other in, laughing and playing all day. I did not want to be anywhere except in the sunshine with Mr. Schalk, Cricket baby and Bonnie pup. It's hard to sum up how full my heart was and how happy we all were. Sure Bonnie needed a hair cut and Cricket's cover up had grown too short. It didn't matter.

We hung out on the boat all week, ate at a darling diner where Cricket mastered her "serious face," and read books. We watched a little Thomas & Friends, ate lots of bunny crackers and took naps with the lake breeze flowing through the windows.

I have a bajillion photos to share because I wish that week could have lasted longer. Aren't the best things always that way? Instead we snapped away as Cricket experienced her first sandy beach, a trip to Traverse City and enough baby laughter to fill the world. Bliss upon bliss!

1 comment:

  1. What a little sweetheart. Bonnie looks like she is enjoying it too! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!