 |
| I'm 1 1/2! |
Dear Cricket,
This letter is long overdue. We have been having so much fun that it has been hard to stop and write it all down. Yet, I know I will treasure these letters when memories start to blend into one another, as they always do. You are fast approaching 19 months old, so this is a recap of your special 18th month. Happy 1 1/2, sweet girl!
The week after we came back from vacation your vocabulary exploded. You hit that point where you can repeat anything we ask you and usually we understand your awesome baby version of saying things. A few of the adorable words you say right now:
- "Yes, please" (You've mastered "yes" and "no" and what they mean...now you are working on please and thank you)
- "All done" (usually accompanied with a wave of your hand)
- "More" (more milk, more tickles, more e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g!)
- "Lub yu" ("love you")
- "Hop Hop" "Bow-wow" "Meow" "Hoo Hoo" "Baaa"....and
- Bonnie commands - "Come Bon" "Hi Bon" and "Stay....back" (We always tell Bonnie, "Stay. We'll be right back.")
Okay, I'll stop. It's just SO CUTE to hear you talking now. Not only do you talk, but you understand so much it blows my mind. I just love your sweet and spunky personality!
You and Bonnie are pretty much inseparable. You chase her everywhere and she often chases you back, especially if you have a cracker in your hand. Sometimes you are sneaky and feed her your snack under the table. Then, you come to your Daddy and me and say "more." We say no, but secretly chuckle at your willingness to share any and everything with your dear doggie.
You and your Daddy continue to have lots of fun together. Last week I had a work function so your Daddy decided to take you on a special dinner trip. He loaded his backpack with your favorite dinner and off you went on a bike trip along the Monon Trail to Bazbeaux's pizza. What a fun adventure! He told me you had quite a special time together. What a great Daddy!
You are such a sweet girl. You love being a good helper, cleaning your high chair or picking up toys. You seem to be very tidy and orderly....not a quality you get from your Mama. You love being tickled and give the best kisses and hugs. However, you don't want to be snuggled or sung to before naps or bedtime anymore. Maybe that will come back someday (Mama's fingers are crossed).
Your average day:
- You wake up at 7:30am unless I have to wake you up
earlier before I go to work. You wake up so happy, waving and saying "hi Mama!"
- You are still a "couldn't care less" eater. You like food (peas, broccoli, carrots, cheese, spaghetti, hummus, crackers, and almost any kind of egg) but you never seem to LOVE food. This morning you did not want anything I offered (yogurt, english muffin, cheese). On a whim (or was it a last ditch effort?) I offered you some broccoli, cauliflower and carrots that I had made for your lunch and you ate the whole bowl! Go figure!
- You take one nap a day, usually from 10:30-12:30 with Lovie always in arms reach.
- You love your books, stickers, music, sharing "tea" and your sippy with your dolls and stuffies, animal sounds, nursery rhymes and Thomas the Tank Engine.
- I'm pretty sure you would live outside if we let you.
- You go to bed around 8pm every evening. Bath time is crazy, but fun. You love toothpaste and ask for it twice when you brush. Then, you run your toothbrush under the cold water in the sink because that's what I do. I love you, little copy cat!
- We still read lots of stories at night and often end with Goodnight Moon. I've never hugged and kissed you enough before we call it a day, but I'm still trying. Is a million times a day too much?
 |
|
Phew, that's a lot to catch up on. I'll have to do these posts more often. We sure are having fun with you, Miss Cricket. You are a funny, silly, darling little girl. I can't imagine a world with our your shiny happy face in it. You are my Christmas morning, your daddy's pride and joy and this family's blessing from above. You are one special, little girl!
xoxo, Mama
P.S. To top off all that wonderfulness...you're hair is growing....yippee!
You are a beautiful little one, Cricket! No wonder your Mommy & Daddy are so in love with you!!
ReplyDelete