Archive

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mr. Bear

IMG_3025c

When I was young I had several over sized stuffed animals that I loved. A panda bear from my first ballet recital, a grey bunny and my all time favorite a big white bear. I am not sure that he ever had a proper name, but I have fond memories of that white bear.

When I spotted the enormo-bears at Costco many months ago I immediately wanted to buy one. I am pretty sure I even sent Mr. Schalk a photo and some kind of message exclaiming my delight. However, it was the Christmas before Cricket was born. They were not too costly, but even so I could not seem to justify a 53" bear in my house when the baby had not even been born yet.

Fast forward a year and a half and I finally caved. Mr. Schalk was out of town for a week learning how to build Windsor chairs from the one and only Curtis Buchanan. She missed her Daddy so I thought it would be lovely to surprise Cricket with a fun new toy. I had a hunch she'd like Mr. Bear.

IMG_3064
Oh Mama! Can I keep him?

Cricket was looking out her window when I brought Mr. Bear in her room and set him down. Then, I sat back, watched as she turned around wide eyed and snapped some photos. I think it's safe to say it was love at first sight.
IMG_3070

IMG_3157
Cricket is stoked to have Mr. Bear as her breakfast buddy!

IMG_0292c
My Mama took this picture of Cricket and Mr. Bear. Isn't it sweet?

Mr. Bear now happily resides in our living room. Yep, 53 inches of furry grandeur. Cricket and Bonnie both enjoy their new friend. Bonnie naps on him while Cricket gives him a drink of tea and a bite of her pretend petit fours every day. He also makes a great seat for watching Thomas

So, should you ever be a guest in our humble abode please don't be alarmed at Mr. Bear. He is large, but very friendly. He also enjoys a spot of tea, which makes him the perfect addition to our family!

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, she is such a beautiful little girl, and you are such a wonderful mother. I have played catch up here this morning and caught up on all of your lovely posts. What a treasure. My heart is smiling. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!