Archive

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Little Moments

Gratitude is the memory of the heart.
-Jean Baptiste Massieu,translated from French
IMG_9749
The days are flying by. I look around and where there used to be a squishy itty bitty Cricket, I now see a tiny person with a big personality. A little girl who drops something and says, “Uh-oh”,one who gives pucker-faced kisses endlessly and lays socks on her feet because she knows socks that’s where they go. I asked her this morning to put her bear in the chair and she picked up her huge teddy bear (bigger than her) and plopped him in the chair like she’d been doing it her whole life. I was so proud of little Cricket baby! Proud and in awe of this little person who is becoming more independent each day. With age comes understanding. She may not snuggle as often, but when she does it is much more deliberate and affectionate. It melts my heart and confirms that every ounce of effort and thought the Mister and I put into our little one is worth it ten times over.
She's got the best seat in the house...er parking lot.
As fast as the days go, I want to capture the little moments. The moments that are gone in an instant but always imprinted on my heart. I want to remember the little joys forever and the struggles only long enough to be grateful.  The days are sometimes hard and long, but they all wipe away when I look at these two. My loves, my life. I thank God each and everyday for the blessings of Mr. Schalk and Cricket. I do not take lightly these gifts I have been given. I have a job I enjoy, a family I adore and a God who hears every longing in my heart and every whisper of thanks.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post Rachel. You do need to write these things down. With advancing age comes forgetfulness. I sure wish I had written more things down back then. Your family is so sweet and beautiful. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!