![]() |
| Good Morning Cricket! |
![]() |
| Roaming while Nana measures shutters |
![]() |
| Look Mama, it's me! |
Dear Cricket,
You are a ball full of joy lately! You are still rockin' the happy baby label like none other and cracking yourself up at the cutest things. Last weekend we took you to Nana and Grandpa's house for the day. Your daddy worked with Grandpa while you, Nana and I went to a new-to-us antique store. We were hoping you'd sleep on the way over, but apparently you were too excited to bother with a morning nap.
When we got there you quietly stayed in my arms as we sifted through old treasures. Those go-go gadget arms can reach out with lightning speed, but you kept them to your side the whole time. I was very proud of you! When we were done I let you walk around outside to blow the stink off (figuratively...you actually smelled quite nice. It's what your great grandmother used to say, and it makes me chuckle.) I considered it your reward for being such a trooper while Nana and I looked around. I may have bought you a little surprise for Christmas (the cutest blue patterned plates and a couple other surprises.) Luckily, by the time you learn to read Christmas 2012 will be a memory behind photographs and no surprises will have been ruined. Phew!
My treat was a very neat casserole dish complete with glass lid. It was behind a cabinet door that I opened on a whim. What a surprise to find a Swiss Chalet patterned piece behind a door I almost walked away from. Oh, how I love treasure hunts! Your great grandmother Schalk had a beautiful Swiss Chalet patterned platter that your daddy always liked. I think the pattern is pretty and goes well with our white china. I bought a replica plate one time that was the same as Grams, but it broke during shipping. Now we have the casserole dish. It's bright and cheery!
After that we went back to Nana and Grandpa's house. Thankfully, you napped on the way back. We took a walk down to the creek with Grandpa then headed out to a favorite local restaurant, Mike's, for some pizza and pasta. You enjoyed walking up and down the stairs smiling at the waitresses. You weren't bothering anyone so I let you roam and enjoy yourself. Also, I had to change your diaper on my lap since they didn't have a changing table. Oh vey, the life of a Mama is so glamorous! ;)
Nothing out of the ordinary, but a fun day with my beautiful family. You were out like a light that night and slept like a dream. I love you sweet baby. Thank you for being awesome!
xoxo, Mama





How fun! She's up to more mischief now she's walking...so sweet!
ReplyDeleteGemma xxx
Haha, you're right Gemma! She is getting mischevious and I'm loving it! Thanks for stopping by! :)
ReplyDeleteI love how happy cricket is! You are a great mama!
ReplyDelete