The weather is just starting to turn nice on a more consistent basis, which for Indiana means it could easily snow tomorrow. But as any full blooded Midwesterner knows, you take it where you can get it. Nice days call for playing in the yard, walks down the street with
dino, and....
....bike rides, of course!
My sister and brother-in-law gave Cricket the coolest
Wee Ride bike seat for Christmas. This seat is neat because it fits on the front of a bike instead of the back. I first learned about the WeeRide from
this post over at Spontaneous Clapping. Her little Peanut really enjoyed it, and it seemed to be the perfect seat for our breeze in the face lovin' Cricket. Dawn was nice enough to email me the info and my Sister and Bro-in-law were kind enough to gift it to Miss Cricket. We bought her a baby helmet a couple months ago in anticipation of her summer riding. Doesn't she look adorable in a little pink helmet? She is such a doll baby inside and out!
 |
| "I'm ready to roll, Dada" |
We have been looking forward to getting her seat on Mr. Schalk's bike all winter. With the weather staying nice now we decided it was perfect timing. Mr. Schalk is an expert biker from way back. All of those paper runs and neighborhood bike wheely contests really paid off. I, on the other hand, grew up on a gravel driveway and did not learn to ride a bike until I was eight or so. Throw in my utter lack of coordination and it was a given the bike seat would remain on Mr. Schalk's bike. I ride along side or wait in the driveway and wave to Cricket as she passes by. Works for me and works for them!
 |
| Here they come! |
 |
| Waving "hello" as she passes by. |
 |
| Fun with Dad! |
 |
| Happy ride, happy girl, happy family! |
These two are having so much fun on their bike. I think they have gone on a bike ride (or two) a day since we introduced Cricket to her new adventure. We were not sure how she would handle the helmet since she is not keen on hats these days. As long as she is riding, she keeps it on great. She even picks it up and hands it to Mr. Schalk when she wants a ride. Now, that has to be the cutest thing in the world. Picking up that humongous helmet and handing to us as if to say, "Okay, let's go have some fun!"
Thank you Sister and Gavin for the AWESOME Christmas present. Your niece LOVES it and so do we! xoxo
Oh Rachel, this is so adorable. You are just the sweetest family. I love you all! xxoo
ReplyDeleteTruth telling time! I'm kinda afraid of bikes. My hubby and I used to ride when we lived in NYC and I had a huge and terrible bike and crashed a lot. Those memories make me scared to put my kids on a bike with me but it looks like so much fun! I love these pics.
ReplyDeleteAwe, it's so cute that she loves it so much! :)
ReplyDeleteThis makes me want to ride bikes!
ReplyDelete