Archive

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sharing Stories & Sharing Cake

There are so many memories I want to keep vivid as long as possible. That's why I take photos. They are not perfect photos, some are blurry, most have backgrounds of a life well lived (a.k.a. toys strewn about, dishes not done), but all are sincere. Sincere hopes to capture a feeling, a smile, a memory I can hold dear for years to come. One of my favorite activities is sifting through my boxes of old photos. Some have stories attached that I can recall. Others are before my time - family photos of Grandpa in the army or my Dad as a little kiddo in overalls holding a sailboat. For those I make up my own stories, guessing what the time and the moment held for them. They are all cherished.

At first, I felt a little guilty for sharing more birthday photos. Then, I reminded myself that these are my memories, my blog and my hope to keep the joy alive in my family through all seasons. As much as I sincerely appreciate anyone who follows along this blog - my life - I have to say that it is most of all an effort to keep the stories vivid for my family and me. You are all my friends, so I am sure you understand.

Cricket's was blessed with the rest of her family visiting last weekend to celebrate the big O-N-E. Now that Cricket is walking she was able to keep up with her Cousin G, who is seven months older. They were beyond cute walking around together, giving kisses and holding hands.
IMG_8993
Cricket laughing at Aunt Liz and Cousin watching Nana. They are each playing with the other one's toy. Cute!
IMG_9009c
The Girls LOVE their Grandpa Ed!  My dad had them up in Cricket's room playing and he said Cricket kept crawling on top of Cousin. Cousin didn't get upset, she just kept pointing to Cricket saying, "Baby!" Awww
IMG_9128
Pretty girl!
IMG_9035a
Cricket loves cards!
IMG_9039c
Cricket unwrapping her new art supplies from Aunt Liz, Uncle Gavin and Cousin G. This art lovin' Mama can't wait until Cricket gets a taste of the colorful side of life. Yay crayons!
IMG_9049
Cricket's new BFF, Violet, from Nana and Grandpa. She LOVES this puppy almost more than Bonnie!
IMG_9082
Check out this custom art smock! My Sister bought the fabric (she knows just our style) and sent it to Stacy over at Three Spunky Monkeys. She made the perfect little smock for my girl. She even resized it so would fit just right. I HIGHLY recommend Three Spunky Monkeys. The craftsmanship is spot on, and she happily does custom orders. This was such a thoughtful gift. Thank you Sister!! xo
IMG_9137
A party is not complete without some fridge sitting with Grandpa and Nana. How'd you get up there Cousin? :)
We had a great time seeing all our family, eating yummy food courtesy of super Chef Schalk and sharing stories. Birthdays are so much fun!


xo, R

2 comments:

  1. how totally sweet. i have a special place in my heart for cousins. i love the way audrey and her cousins interact. and i can't believe greta is seriously already one!?

    keep the sweet pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all! I just think your little cricket is adorable. What a sweet baby girl. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!