Archive

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Her 1st Fort House


IMG_9217

I could not contain myself any longer. Cricket is still a wee young to fully enjoy a good fort, but I went for it anyway. If children aren't the best excuse to have fun, I don't know what is. I gathered up our blankets, pillows and toys and created a little home for Miss Cricket.

IMG_9334

This photo makes it appear that Cricket is loving her new digs. In reality, she was just being her happy self while our other daughter took full advantage of the cozy nook.

 IMG_9356

Bonnieeeeee, I found your ball. Here, take it pleeeeeeease!

IMG_9265 

Me looking out from the fort. Mr. Schalk and I thought it was grand to be inside Cricket's fort. We even put her favorite things (Violet, Books and Mail!) inside to coax her in.

  IMG_9244

fort1 

fort2

I guess the key is to put Mr. Schalkdaddy inside. "Mama, this fort is awesome! If Dada likes it, then so do I!"
I couldn't agree more, little one. I couldn't agree more.

5 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! You are building some beautiful memories there Rachel! Thanks for sharing these special moments with us! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!! It's great you are creating memories for her. It's the simplest of things that are the most fun.

    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting Marie! You are such a dear.

    I couldn't agree more, Gemma. The simplest things are truly the most fun! I think I enjoyed the fort more than Miss Cricket, but she'll enjoy it more when she gets a little older. It reminded me of when I used to build forts and tunnels out of my dad's couch cushions in his office. :) That was the best!
    Hope you have a lovely day. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe... so cute! I love forts, especially ones with cute & colorful quilts!! :)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!