![]() |
| Happy Birthday Cricket! |
Dear Cricket,
Happy Birthday dear girl! Yippee, hooray and whoopee! The big One! This past year has been the most life altering and beautiful year of our lives. It's been a myriad of emotions but one thing that has always remained constant was love. Our hearts have swelled to immeasurable proportions and we have you to thank. You, the sweet one who turned your daddy and me into parents. You, whose smile lights up a room and whose eyes pierce straight through our hearts. You, a little peanut who is full of life and a love for your doggy, books and music. You, our one-of-a-kind, beautiful, funny, kindhearted daughter.
This month has been a special one. Each month has held its own milestones and memories, but now more than ever you are showing us your personality. Gone are the newborn baby days. You no longer need/want me to rock you to sleep. I knew that would be short lived, so I soaked it up while I could. Now, you put yourself to sleep like a big girl. Good job! Sleeping has been our biggest challenge this year, but we are slowly getting the hang of it. On the bright side, you still take two naps a day, usually 10:30-12:30 and 3-4, and love your routine. It's nice to have a pretty standard routine so that when we want to have go out and miss a nap it's not a big deal. You fall right back into the routine the next day.
At your one year doctor's check up last week you weighed 18 pounds, 10 ounces, were 29 inches tall and had a head circumference of 17 inches. You're a petite little girl, but you grew 2 inches which is super! Your pediatrician was pleased with your growth and said you were doing well. You have shown us that you are ready to move on to big girl food by calmly letting most baby foods roll down your chin. Always the polite Cricket, but determined, as well. You have mastered the point when there is something you'd rather have than what's on your plate. These days you enjoy your yogurt (usually), scrambled eggs (especially when dad makes them!), peas, bananas, and pretty much anything you can grip and eat. You are also mastering the sippy straw and cup. It seems as if you've gone from baby to toddler overnight! And, for the record should you ever read these love letters, yes, you are still nursing. I believe we are nearing the end, but I am proud of us both for making it a whole year!
![]() |
You love so many of your toys, it's hard to name your favorites. You will sit with your books for long periods at a time turning pages and looking at the pictures. I adore seeing you do this. You thoroughly enjoy our evening story time, which still ends in a rousing rendition of Goodnight Moon. You are a great helper bringing us clothes when we fold them and Bonnie toys when she wants to play. Nana and Grandpa got you a My Pal Violet puppy for your birthday and you have hugged her pretty much all day long. When we ask you where Violet is, you go straight to her and give her a big grin and a hug. And, you just got her yesterday! I think Violet is a keeper!
You and Nana hang out during the week, which you love. She plays all your favorite games and even makes special "sundaes" so you'll eat your lunch now that you are a wee bit pickier eater. (sundaes being baby food with a pea or banana on top...that Nana is one clever lady!) You love to give her hugs and kisses and are such a good girl. I love calling from work on my lunch break and hearing cute Cricket updates. I miss you like crazy during the week, but I trust in God's plan and know you are in fantastic care. You lucky girl for getting to play with Nana all week! She is super fun, isn't she?!
Speaking of fun, Cricket, you are so much fun! We are having great fun. Your dad and I love to tickle you and goof off to get you to laugh. Sometimes we have dance parties, other times we chase Bonnie and all the time we share kisses and hugs. We love you sooooo much!!!
I am so grateful to be your Mama. To be a part of your growing and learning is a true gift. You are such a happy girl! You smile almost nonstop and really know how to have fun. It is hard not to laugh when you do something ornery like drop food for Bonnie to eat. You try to get us to laugh, but we are firm in our "no, thank you" (laughing, of course, when you turn your head because it's pretty adorable).
Happy Birthday dear Cricket! We have had a big year together. Because of you, your dad and I have gained a new perspective on life and a gratefulness for the beauty it brings. We thank God every single day that He created you and allowed us to be your parents. I've said it before, but what an absolute honor! I cannot imagine my life without you. Your joy is contagious and your hugs as sweet as honey!
I cannot wait to see what this year brings for you. It just keeps getting better and better! Thank you for being YOU! You are a magical little girl!
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
Happiest 1st Birthday Cricket!
Love you, Mama






I can't believe she is one. Happy Birthday sweet baby Cricket. Sending love!
ReplyDeleteI love your monthly letters to Greta, Rachel. I wish I had done something like this when my own children were growing up. There are so many things you forget as the years pass and these would have been great reminders. xxoo
ReplyDeleteThank you Becky & Marie! I treasure your comments and Birthday wishes for Miss Greta! Marie - I hope she enjoys these letters. I sure enjoy writing down the little details. It's amazing how quickly I forget once we move onto the next stage. :) xoxo
ReplyDeletesuch a doll.
ReplyDeleteI have loved catching up on Greta's birthday! Everything looked perfect. It's also fun to hear all the cool things she's doing these days. A year already...seems crazy. Happy birthday sweet little girl!
ReplyDelete