Archive

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Tree Farm


IMG_5536

It's that time of year again! Christmasssss! We love and I mean LOVE Christmas around here. Candles, lights, Christmas songs on the record player. A season full of Christ's love and joy can make even the bah humbuggiest smile.

Cricket may be too young to remember her first Christmas, but that doesn't mean the fun has to take a back seat. I am sure in the years to come we will share many old traditions and start new ones with our little family. For now, we are keeping it simple and lovely.

You may remember last year's tree adventure. Bonnie had a blast picking out our tree. This year we went to a local tree farm and brought home the cutest little tree in the world.

IMG_5521
"I like that one daddy!"

IMG_5525
Mr. Schalk giving direction on how to trim up our tree. The folks at Cruise-In Trees were so kind!

IMG_5533
That's my man!

IMG_5540
Our wonder car fits almost anything...it's like a magic trick!

IMG_5544
Yes, our tree fit inside the car...score!

IMG_5567
Our curious Cricket was super excited at her new traveling buddy.

IMG_5561
Mama, look at this!

IMG_5584
I love this photo. It's nothing out of the ordinary, but that is why I love it. My two favorites just being together.

IMG_5586
The tree and the baby are all strapped in and ready for the ride home...after a stop at Nana and Grandpa's, that is!

IMG_5551c
Hmmm....this looks familiar....

pumpkin2
(October 2011)
...I think we have a plant lover on our hands! Or a good prop (I kid, I kid).

xoxo, Rachel

P.S. Sneak Peek!

ChristmasTree2011

7 comments:

  1. Love the huge grin! Looks like it's going to be a wonderful Christmas in the Schalk home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just followed over here from a comment you left on Nat the Fat Rat--your profile pic is too darling!

    You have an incredibly gorgeous family! I love these Christmas tree photos! Can't wait to read more!

    xo,
    S

    Reverie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cricket's hat is too die for!! How cute!
    I love your tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. Every time I see little Cricket's smile my heart sings. What a joy she is. Thanks for sharing these lovely moments with us. I treasure them. xxoo
    PS am totally loving that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. We have never had a real tree before. I want one!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that little hat, too stinking cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful photos! We had a blast picking out our tree this year, too. Where did you get her adorable hat? It is perfect! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!