Archive

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

These Days Cookies Sound Good

Pea and yogurt face.
Pea and yogurt face!

We enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving with my family this year. Every year the Rhine side (my dad's side) rents out a local community center building and we all have a pitch in style Thanksgiving dinner. When I was a little kiddo we would have probably a hundred or so people. I never really took a count, but I know it's a fraction of what it used be and this year we had about 40 or so folks. The turkey was yummy, the company was fun and the kiddos had a huge room to play in. My dad even gave Cricket a vacuum ride. Because, you know, vacuum rides are the coolest thing these days.

Vacuum rides with Grandpa are the best!

In other news, we have our house almost decorated for Christmas. It is looking so cozy and Christmastime lovely. I'd show you pictures, but I'm currently contemplating sitting here for a little longer, baking chocolate chip cookies, or just praising the Lord that Cricket is on a pretty good bedtime routine these days (a.k.a. Mr. Schalk and I get some fun grown up time in the evenings, which is a nice way to unwind from the crazy days.)

Tis the season! Perfectly toasted mallow and crackling fire compliments of the Mister. Nice!

Mmmm, I still love marshmallows..especially with hot chocolate. Mr. Schalk has been cooking up some delicious fires lately, which of course beg for a little mallow toasting.

Busted!

This little spit fire would seriously walk if she could figure out how to not topple over. There is no slowing her down no matter how much I plead and beg. We are super proud of her. It's such an awesome time to watch her learn and grow and beam with smiles.

Current view
Family Walk - Michigan


On the way to Chicago to see Aunt Liz, Uncle Gavin and Cousin

Cricket is a very curious and content baby. She loves to sit in the little carts at Fresh Market and watch the people pass by. It's fun to see her study a toy or take in her surroundings. She only likes to sleep in her car seat or crib, but honestly that is fine by me. Lately she has been resting on my shoulder before bed time, which is such a treat for this affectionate mama. Cricket is go-go-go these days, so any snuggles I can sneak in I definitely try to savor. Sure, it would be sweet if she'd fall asleep on me during the day once in a while, but I am grateful she is a good sleeper (ahem...finally) and has such an awesome personality. She is seriously the happiest baby....it just puts you in a good mood to be around her.

My little turkey.
Finger painting on Turkey Day. Grateful for baby friendly paint.

The ladies of the house
The girls

That pretty much sums up what's going on around here. Add in a little Christmas shopping, an extra furry pup (that took me 45 minutes to bathe...ha, now that's furry!) and the fact I still can't get cookies off my mind and you're all caught up.

Hope you all have a great week! Don't forget to tell the ones you love how important they are. Thanksgiving might be over, but tis the season to be joyful, right? I sometimes forget to relax and have fun, especially on weekdays, so this is my reminder, too.

xoxo, Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post : ) I wish I could eat that marshmallow or some of those cookies!

    The Christmas music has started here and the decorations are going up at the weekend...so exciting!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh... loved this Rachel! You and Cricket are the two cutest gals ever! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwww. She is scrum-diddly-umptious!
    I am so glad you are doing fantastically.
    : ) I love the picture of you with the baby. That dimple is sensational.
    Happiness abounds here. Love. Love. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Annnnd now I really need a marshmallow.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!