Archive

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Simple Life Goals

Perfect weather to play!
A few recent phone pics for your viewing pleasure!


Have dog, will travel. Silly Bonnie!

I have long desired for a simpler life. One that throws away distractions and focuses on things of substance. For me, it is calming the desire for pretty things and focusing more on Christ above all else. I enjoy feeling pretty and buying pretty things…hi, I am a typical woman, nice to meet you. However, these desires rarely equal necessities. Instead of wanting more, I need to focus on what I have and give more. I want to focus on my home, keeping it tidy, making it a comfortable welcoming place for anyone and everyone. I want to appreciate the things I already have. I want to have peace in my world and my mind so I can make room to be creative again. Oh, how I long to create. What am I waiting for?

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
-Thomas Edison


My sister, The Liz, told me that when Cricket was born I would find myself simplifying life. She definitely knew what she was talking about. When you combine a full-time job with a baby and a home to take care of simple works better. I want to make my surroundings simple and inviting so I can get in as much baby and husband time as possible.


Daddy's little cupcake


"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

-Matthew 6:21


The heart focuses on its true treasure…when I let it. God, family and a heart set on heavenly goals. I want to live this out. I want to desire less material objects and spend more time on giving. I want Cricket to know the joy and satisfaction in helping others. There is contentment in love expressed through action. I want to be a living example of my heart’s desires.


God's color palette rocks! So tasty, too!


Today I feel far from these goals. I feel overwhelmed, disorganized and tired. Some days (weeks...months...) are like that. I am still confident that God will answer my hearts desires as long as they are set on Him first and giving Him glory through my desires. I feel strongly that he is urging me to set aside worldly desires that creep in every day and take time to create a simple, inviting home and life. I hope that soon I can blog that these desires have been fulfilled and I have even managed to get in some quality time in my art studio.


Oh, goals...here's praying for success!


xoxo, Rachel

4 comments:

  1. You are right. A simple life is all we need. A home, my family and friends are the most important things to me and although I do have days where I am materialistic, I try to keep it simple.

    Love your blog : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to appreciate the simple life as well, which is why we're making the big move out of the city. I'm ready for quieter days and a greater appreciation of what I have around me.

    Very sweet pics of Cricket. She is getting so expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. living simply is more of a blessing in the long run! thanks for that inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, yes, yes. thanks for this reminder. (and i love that verse, so simply, but so profound.)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!