Archive

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New Old Treasures

IMG_1230

Isn't this the most darling xylophone? Mr. Schalk and I went to one of our favorite antique stores a while back and I found this tucked away in the corner of the second floor. The price tag was long gone and as the older fellow (he was probably 80 years old....so cute!) called the owner of the booth I prayed it would be within budget. The sweet older woman on the other line asked him if he thought I'd pay$7 for it. Um, even yesser! I couldn't believe my ears. Score, score, double score! Cricket is going to love this when she gets a wee bit older.

IMG_1220

These wooden mallets came with it. Just darling! I also bought this book for a couple bucks to start my collection. I'm slowly (emphasis on slooooowly) gathering pretty covered books to make an art installation of sorts. I'm not in any hurry, but I think it will look cool when I have it complete. A rainbow of books!

IMG_3510

This is one of my favorite finds. This blanket that our cutie pie is laying on is perfect for afternoon fun in the grass, picnics or just playing on the living room floor. I love quilts dearly, but most are out of my budget. This one was a steal at forty dollars. In fact, my dad gave me some birthday money before we went to the antique store in case I found something neat. Happy Birthday to me!

I just adore antique and thrifty stores. You never know what will catch your eye. Have you scored any neat treasures lately? What do you enjoy scavenging...I mean shopping for? Jewelry? Clothing? Kiddie toys?

xoxo, R

1 comment:

  1. This post has inspired me to dig through my grandmother's stuff! I need to bring out some of her old goodies.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!