Archive

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

HappyHalloween2011

Happy Halloween everyone! My little mime wanted to send her own Halloween message to all our friends. I'm pretty much dying over how cute this little pumpkin is. I could eat her up!

As you can imagine, the excitement is especially high this year as it is Cricket's first Halloween! Since she is just a baby, I took it upon myself to taste test the trick-or-treat candy. I do what needs to be done around here. It was a rough job, but I am happy to report that our candy is definitely not poison. Last year, when I was pregnant, I remember eating a whole bag of Snickers. This year I've only snuck a few pieces, which is shocking for me pregnant or not. I love candy!

IMG_4546a

I had been thinking about Miss Cricket's costume for a long time and couldn't come up with an idea that seemed right. Then, as I was driving home one day from the grocery it hit me. A mime! Ya know, because babies and mimes don't talk, and it would be really funny and a little quirky. In fact, as soon as I thought of it I started to chuckle out loud and knew it was it. I called Mr. Schalk right away and he laughed, too. That sealed the deal, and I got to working on how to put it together right away. Just in case all those baby mime costumes sold out in September (what?). Yes, I'm crazy (and sleep deprived)....but happy, which is what counts!

All told, this costume cost about $20. The striped shirt and pants were five dollars each at Target. The shirt only came in a 12 month size, so Cricket will have to grow a bit before she fits in it well. The suspenders were from Amazon and are adjustable into toddler years. They would be extra cute if we have a little boy someday. My mama made the beret for around two dollars! It really completes the outfit, dontcha think? Well done Mama!

We went up north to my parent's house this weekend and had a ton of fun with the girls. Cousin was a cupcake and even had a cherry on top! Isn't she adorable? The girls had a lot of fun getting their picture taken, playing in the sand box and going to the pumpkin farm (post on that to come). They are both so goofy - I just love them to pieces!

IMG_4586a

IMG_4585a

IMG_4578a

IMG_4563a

IMG_4680a

IMG_4675





Happy Halloween from all of us at A Cupcake for Moose!

xoxo,
Rachel & Family

8 comments:

  1. Love your mime costume! Looks like cupcakes were popular this year. We also had a little cupcake on our hands. Cousin love is the best. Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable costume for Cricket!!
    The cousins are two adorable "punkins"!
    Happy Halloween to all of you from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very creative! absolutely love it! my poor N got stuck with a 75% ladybug costume from old navy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crickets costume turned out great! She's so adorable :) She is just about the happiest mime I've ever seen. Look at all the laughing and smiles...so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't stop giggling! That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, because mimes don't talk! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!