Archive

Monday, September 5, 2011

Remembering the Iroquois

Mackinac Island was picture perfect, as usual. This year we stayed at the beautiful Hotel Iroquois. Built in 1900 the hotel had the history of its time with the updates of today. I adore friendly folks and was pleased to find everyone from bag carriers to guests as amiable as can be.

We loved our stay and look forward to coming back when Cricket is a wee bit older to really soak in the quaintness that is the Iroquois. We especially enjoyed the morning coffee and snacks as we relaxed on the front porch and chatted with other guests. Our room was lovely, too. It was quiet, comfortable and best of all the decor was splashing! I quickly dubbed it the "Strawberry Room" and I think you can see why...

IMG_1366

IMG_1356

The walls lined with bright red and green flowery wallpaper and the curtains in their red and white gingham with green trim were quite reminiscent of strawberry blossoms. It was light, fresh and delightful! Double score were the large windows that overlooked the lake and the gorgeous gardens below. I fell in love with this room instantly. So did Cricket!

IMG_1340

When we walked in the room, and I saw the decor, I was pleased as punch. "This will be the perfect backdrop for Miss Cricket and her strawberry dress that I conveniently packed," I said to myself. Oh yes, this will be perfect!

IMG_1420collage

IMG_1420collage2

Not every opportunity turns out quite the way I anticipate. We tried and tried, but Cricket was having too much fun to "pose." These photos are more fun than "picture perfect" ones. They are memories that will make me chuckle and remember just how much I love my spunky girl!

xoxo, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!