
Grandpa Floyd, Grandma Kate and my dad - Circa 1950
My Grandpa is dancing in heaven tonight. At 98 years young he lived a long, full life. He is finally reunited with his sweet wife, my Grandma Kate, who Cricket is named after (the three of us share the same middle name), his brothers, parents and most of all face to face with his beautiful Savior. I hope there is fishing in heaven and my Grandpa gets to partake in his favorite past time often.
My Grandpa was a quiet hard-working man. He had nine brothers and sisters. Grandpa was the youngest boy of the family with four sisters that followed him. He used to eat lard and onion sandwiches and to my knowledge has always gone by the nickname of "Short" or "Shorty." He loved to vacation in Florida with my Grandma, tend to his garden and even got a speeding ticket at 90 years old.
When I was very little he used to say to me in a hushed tone, "I've got a secret." To which I would respond eagerly, "What?" And, he would lean in, close to my ear and say, "I love ya!"
I woke up with Cricket this morning 5 minutes after my Grandpa passed away. I prayed deeply for him to be in peace and pain free for as long as he had left on this earth. I praised God that he would soon be with my Grandma again and in his heavenly eternal home. Little did I know the angels were welcoming him home that very moment.
You lived a good life Grandpa. You fought for your country and loved God and your family. Enjoy the party. Tell Grandma we all say "hi." We love you!
xoxo, Moose
My Grandpa was a quiet hard-working man. He had nine brothers and sisters. Grandpa was the youngest boy of the family with four sisters that followed him. He used to eat lard and onion sandwiches and to my knowledge has always gone by the nickname of "Short" or "Shorty." He loved to vacation in Florida with my Grandma, tend to his garden and even got a speeding ticket at 90 years old.
When I was very little he used to say to me in a hushed tone, "I've got a secret." To which I would respond eagerly, "What?" And, he would lean in, close to my ear and say, "I love ya!"
I woke up with Cricket this morning 5 minutes after my Grandpa passed away. I prayed deeply for him to be in peace and pain free for as long as he had left on this earth. I praised God that he would soon be with my Grandma again and in his heavenly eternal home. Little did I know the angels were welcoming him home that very moment.
You lived a good life Grandpa. You fought for your country and loved God and your family. Enjoy the party. Tell Grandma we all say "hi." We love you!
xoxo, Moose

May the wonderful memories of your Grandpa comfort you in the days ahead.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet space you have here. I love old photos, they are a ture window into history...
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Catherine Anne
What sweet words about your much beloved grandpa. So sorry to hear of your loss, but at the same time rejoicing with you over his reunion with your grandmother. xxoo
ReplyDeleteAw, Rach. I'm so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteI swear, I could exchange my grandpa's name in for yours in the life story. They lived so similarly.
Thinking about your family,
xoxo,
Christina
So sorry for your loss... but rejoicing that Heaven has gained a new soldier! How amazing will it be to finally receive that reward - salvation and eternal life with your savior?
ReplyDeleteThankful that he knew Jesus and where he was going. What a blessing.
Aww Rachel! So sorry about your grandpa passing. I love your post about him in 2009. I'm so glad you will get to be with him and your grandma again one day! Isn't it wonderful to have that promise!! I love the story of him whispering in your ear. What a wonderful grandpa.
ReplyDeleteI had a wonderful grandfather too that I cannot wait to meet again in Heaven one day. He used to take his false teeth out and wrap his blue farmer handkerchief around them and do puppet shows for me and my siblings. I have such fun and special memories of him.
♥Lee Ann