Archive

Friday, August 5, 2011

Take Heart

IMG_1116c

Being a mama is teaching me many things. One of the biggest lessons I've learned thus far is the act of gratefulness. Even on the days when I have to set three alarms just to wake up on time (because I was awake an hour before nursing the little one...neat!) I am grateful. How can I do anything but lavish praise to the God who made this sweet little bundle of joy?

a_IMG_1118Collage

I thanked God yet again while watching Cricket laugh at Bonnie's extreme ball catching skills the other night. It was pure magic. She was having tummy time and Bonnie was tossing the ball back and forth. Toys were put aside as Cricket stared at Miss Bonnie with wonder and joy. She started giggling each time Bonnie caught the ball. Those giggles are both priceless and addicting! I get so caught up in life that I sometimes forget to slow down and enjoy what is right in front of me. This time Mr. Schalk and I both watched in amazement at our sweet little family.

IMG_1120

These days are full in many ways. Mr. Schalk and I are certainly kept on our toes and our "to-do" list fills both sides of the paper. We balance life the best we can knowing someday we will look back on these days with much sentimentality and smile. Some days are easier than others. Our lives are more full than ever, but in some of the best ways imaginable. Our days are filled to the brim with love, memory making and gratefulness.

Life is not perfect but God is very good! I pray that you are able to find joy and sweetness in your corner of the world, too. It is not always easy to find, but joy does exist even in the toughest of day. Maybe you're tired, worn down and afraid.

God is near.

He hears your heart and knows your needs. He is sitting patiently, with a listening ear and a heart that loves you dearly. You are important, you are put on this earth for a reason and you matter. I promise! More importantly, God promises. His love is unconditional. I don't know about you, but for me, that is a mighty statement. That I am loved despite my shortcomings, my near sighted ways and despite my rough days. Despite the fact I usually smell like breast milk and have more bags under my eyes than the sack guy at the grocery. That alone is reason enough to have joy in all circumstances!

Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you.
-Deuteronomy 31:6 (MSG)

Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
-Psalm 910 (NIV)


Lots of love to you and yours! Here's hoping you all have a wonderful weekend! We're off to a wedding and soaking up some fleeting summertime heat waves. Should be great fun!

xoxo, Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful wonderful post full of words I needed to hear. Thanks, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures of Bonnie!! Too cute. You words are much needed. Thanks for posting that/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love this post! the photos are sweet.

    i hope you enter my bowtie GIVEAWAY @ www.jennasecrist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!