Archive

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Perfect Summer Day



IMG_0175

A couple Saturdays ago Cricket and I took a day trip to Lafayette to meet a friend and her new baby. Afterward, we met up with my parents. My mama and I ate at a lovely little place called The Buttery Shelf Eatery. Any restaurant with the word "butter" in it is golden to me! It was a quaint restaurant that took you back to simpler times with period furniture and ice tea served extra cold in these lovely goblets...

IMG_0166

IMG_0165

While my mama and I ate homemade vegetable soup and spinach salad my dad and Cricket went for a walk. My dad loves his grandgirls and jumps at any opportunity to spend time with them. They went strolling around to all the sweet downtown shops. It was a gorgeous, warm day, and as we walked down the street to meet them this is what we found.

IMG_0179

IMG_0181

IMG_0187
Sleeping beauty!

Grandpa Ed, the landscape architect and plant aficionado that he is, rarely lets an opportunity pass by without giving his grandgirls a flower or something pretty to hold. Since Cricket was snoozing away he had to let her legs do the holding. Sweet as pie! Speaking of sweet, while Cricket slept, we made a quick stop here...



The Frozen Custard (opened in 1932) looks the same as it did in 1949 when they built the "igloo." A true Lafayette classic! (image via here)

IMG_0189a

It was a great day full of catching up with my parents and friends, loving on babies, treats at Columbian Park Frozen Custard and even a little shopping at a boutique that boasted "everything under $25."

It's no surprise that Miss Cricket slept better that night than she had in months. That was just the cherry on the cake that made this day pretty near perfect!

xoxo, Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel- I am one of your readers and have been for a while! I don't remember how I stumbled upon your blog but def enjoy it! I wanted to ask you if that is the Chicco Liteway that I see in this post? I'm thinking of getting that one. Also- any other baby products you recommend or would like to post about ;) Thanks! -www.nattandmatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could a day be ANY more perfect?
    Give Greta a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey N- I'm another reader of this blog for some time but have yet to comment... Joanna Goddard at A Cup of Jo just posted about what to register for this week. If you haven't read it yet, you should check it out http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2011/08/motherhood-mondays-what-to-register-for.html With my 14 month old we started out with a snap and go stroller frame to carry his Chicco Key Fit car seat/baby carrier and now we use the Chicco Cortina.
    Congrats N and love the blog Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!