Yes, this happens. Babies cry, dogs smell and there is a heat index of 110 outside. It's called life, right? Some days are as rosy as can be, but other days require counting one's blessings and laughing your way through the day. Because, as we all know, not every day is a Sunday afternoon.
And today is not a Sunday afternoon, or a Saturday morning or even a Friday mid-day. It's a Monday. In honor of it being a Monday I thought I'd attempt to give you all a chuckle.
I consider myself very fortunate to have the greatest photo subjects in the world with Cricket, Mr. Schalk and Bonnie pup. However, a good photograph does not often come easy. I love photography, and have a taken many a photog class, but that amounts to a hill of beans with a wiggly baby and poor lighting. Sometimes a good shot is only captured after many failed attempts, jerryrigged slightly (yes, that's the technical term for it), pure luck or a combination of all of the above.
So, for your hopeful enjoyment here are a few recent outtakes from the Schalkboard Studio cutting room floor.
This is the look I get when I don't wear makeup...I kid! I kid!
I have no idea what she is terrified of...perhaps I sneezed funny. Seriously. She thinks it's hilarious when she sneezes, but the eyes get wide if someone else does it while she's in "I'm about to fall asleep" mode.
I have no idea what she is terrified of...perhaps I sneezed funny. Seriously. She thinks it's hilarious when she sneezes, but the eyes get wide if someone else does it while she's in "I'm about to fall asleep" mode.
"Ugh. How can a girl work in these conditions? Bright sun, hard wagon...mama, please bring me my Evian!"




Sometimes Bonnie pup decides to inspect the camera.
"Why ya on the floor, mom?" Doh-de-doh
Not a successful shot, but would you look at those eyes? What a sweet beauty!
And, I thought this would be a great photo because....???
The drab gray background!
Dolly propped on Baby Sophie!
Continuous stream of drool a la Cricket!
The odd placement of all said elements!
Yes!
The drab gray background!
Dolly propped on Baby Sophie!
Continuous stream of drool a la Cricket!
The odd placement of all said elements!
Yes!

A personal outtake fave. I mean, seriously? I could not have gotten Bonnie to do this if I paid her eighteen bajillion dog biscuits. Goes to show even dogs can blink when they get their photo taken.
We all know this face. T minus thirty seconds before her cute little bum was in the crib fast asleep. She is such a good sport to put up with mommy's little hobby. She probably hears the "click" of the camera in her sleep. Nah...truth be told I don't take her picture every day. Some days are better spent soaking in my little family and showering them with kisses and laughter.
Speaking of laughter, I hope you all enjoyed these silly outtakes. Should I do this more often? I sure enjoyed poking fun at myself. Have a great Monday!
"Total absence of humor renders life impossible"
- Colette, Chance Acquaintances, 1952
xoxo, Rachel






The Bonnie Blink did it for me...still giggling. :) Terry
ReplyDeleteThis is just precious! Love seeing the outtakes. And that last sleepy picture...adorable! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to know even a perfectly adorable Cricket & Bonnie & Photographer have rough days....still cute!!!
ReplyDeleteHehehe, These are precious :) The blinking puppy picture had me laughing out loud! Perfect to brighten a dull Tuesday afternoon :)
ReplyDeleteHa! I loved this post. You should definitely keep these posts up. I loved the picture of Bonnie, too funny.
ReplyDelete