Archive

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

even cute babies are hard work


aIMG_4661

We love our little Cricket. Being a mama and daddy is hard work - I'm not going to lie. She is such a good baby, but I do wish she came with an instruction manual. Of course, as my mama says if there was a manual you would open it up and it would say, "wing it." :)

I have to say a special thank you to my mama who came by to hang out with Cricket and let Mr. Schalk and I get a good nights sleep. The little one had been having some sleepless nights and my mama helped us get her back on track and gave us some snooze time to catch up. Cricket slept for 3 hour stretches all night...praise the Lord! I was really struggling and having my mama's help was such a blessing. Mr. Schalk was getting up in the evening to help, which is great, but it made for two very tired parents.

aIMG_4752

It is so interesting that babies, even in the first few weeks, have distinct personalities. Our sweet girl just needs some extra time to calm down and get into a rhythm to fall asleep. I love her and truly want the best for her needs. It is not easy, but we are figuring things out one day at a time.

P.S. The Mister and I have a new respect for parents with twins and multiples. They have a special place in heaven, for sure!

xoxo, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. I remember my mother with Chickie. Chickie would just settle down with her. My mom said it was because she wasn't worried if Chickie settled or fussed, and that Chickie knew it!
    I on the other hand was tired and wishing for the manual that babies just don't come with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carol, that's exactly like my mama and I. She looks a fussing as a fun challenge while I was running on empty. Thank God for mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you, it really is tough - especially with very little sleep! I'm always in awe of single parents - it's hard enough with two of us! Keep going. These weeks are the hardest and with every week it gets easier and you get a tiny bit more clued up! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rachel, it is the best of times and sometimes it is the worst of times. It doesn't last long though and you are so lucky to have a mama that can come and help you out! Glad you were able to get some much needed rest and that your cute little cricket is back on target. What a precious bundle of joy. ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those days. I got a little teary eyed today because my littlest is not really very little. Cherish these tired, cuddly days...they will fly.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!