"You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else?" - Stacy London
I read this quote from the always hip Stacy London in a magazine at the doctor's office last week. The doc and I are seeing each other on a weekly basis dontchaknow. At a time when I feel the least like myself as I ever have this quote really hit home. It almost gave me permission to accept myself, and my new body, for exactly what it is. Unique, special and a gift from God. So, maybe I have (ahem) a lot more "mama-marks" than I ever thought possible and my skinny jeans may never fit the same again. It's okay! I'm beautiful. God made me this way and wants me to be confident in myself, His creation. There is no one in the world who looks just like me. And that is intentional!
I encourage you to boldly step out, be proud of the awesome one-of-a-kind beauty that you are. You were made intentionally, beautifully and with purpose!
xoxo, Rachel


Amen! That's all.
ReplyDeleteAMEN Sister!!! Well said!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Just like you, Rachel!
ReplyDeleteGod did make each of us the way we are, and we should be confident in how He made us. So hard to remember but SO true. Thanks for the reminder :o)
ReplyDeleteLovely post today. Congrats on your upcoming baby. Just started following you and already enjoy your blog.
ReplyDeleteOh! I needed this reminder today!
ReplyDelete