(back to front & left to right)
Stefany, Rachel, Abigail, Kaleena, Ashley, Rachel, and moi!
Yes, Rachel is a popular name amongst our little group. Guess our mamas all had the same great idea back in the 80's. :)
Stefany, Rachel, Abigail, Kaleena, Ashley, Rachel, and moi!
Yes, Rachel is a popular name amongst our little group. Guess our mamas all had the same great idea back in the 80's. :)
Recently, I had the absolute pleasure of spending the evening with some truly lovely ladies. Once a year, we all get together for a meal and catching up. I was not able to make it last year, but thankfully this year worked out perfectly.
These ladies are beyond delightful. We all grew up in the same county where we learned the value of hard work, good friends and Jesus' unending grace. It is truly a blessing to be surrounded by godly women. I needed an evening to be renewed and recharged and did not even know it. In fact, it was not until the drive home that I realized I was more refreshed than I had been in a long time.
The peace, joy and commonality of our shared faith is invigorating. Everyone brought unique stories and gifts to the dinner table creating a beautiful balance to the evening. These ladies are moms, teachers, hard workers, photographers, Israeli kick fighters (seriously!) dreamers and doers. We are all very different yet very much the same. As you can imagine, it made for great conversation!
It was especially nice for this mama-to-be to be surrounded by other happy mamas. To date, their are 8 little kiddos and more on the way! And my dear friend who was in town from Florida, Abigail, made the absolute sweetest Valentine's tutu for my February baby-on-the-way and a gorgeous hat! I am going to wait until I can put miss Cricket in her presents to show them off. Trust me, they are works of art!
I told a friend about my wonderful evening with these ladies and she asked, "How did you all find the time to get together during the busy holidays?" I thought for a moment and simply replied, "We all just set aside the time and made it happen." Not a profound answer, but the truth.
Thank you, my friends, for making the time. It meant a lot to connect with you all and have a fun girl's night out. Love you all!
xoxo,
Rachel

Oh, sounds wonderful! I've made a few Christian friends in every location I've lived since I was an older teenager, and always think it's such an incredible gift when people have a circle of Godly friends. Glad you were able to enjoy that refreshing time!
ReplyDeletethat looks like fun! i just went out with a few of my good friends last night too...but i forgot to take pictures! oh well.
ReplyDeletei really am loving your blog. i'm looking forward to following!
Awww! Rachel, this is a great picture, and Miss Cricket even made it in:) I would like a copy of this if it is possible. It was such a relaxing time chatting together, and I too look forward to next time! I will be thinking of you often over the next several weeks! Love ya...Stef
ReplyDeleteawww fun!
ReplyDeleteIt's always nice to get together with old friends fof lunch. I do believe you are the sweetest Rachel of all though! xxoo
ReplyDeleteSounds wonderful! I love being able to have lunch with dear friends...always refreshing!
ReplyDeleteFriends are the best! It's so true about just having to make time no mater what.
ReplyDelete