Archive

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

32 week ramblings

aIMG_2884

*yawn* *strettttch*

Oh, hello there! Did you have a lovely Christmas holiday? I hope so! Ours was relaxing and full of fun. I would love to share photos with you of my childhood homestead and the beautiful snowy landscaped Christmas that we were a part of….but alas, I have yet to sift through the abundance of photographs that were taken.

This week is a busy one so perhaps I will have time to settle in and play with the Christmas photos next week. You don't mind, do you? Oh, thank you! You are lovely friends indeed!

aIMG_2678

Until then, here is one of our little pup, Bonnie, from the weekend. She is soooo happy on my mama's lap. This was her expression most of the weekend. This little fuzzball is so full of joy! Just wait until she has a little playmate to explore the world with. And wait until that little playmate learns to drop food from the kitchen table. We are in so much trouble! Bonnie is cute, but has quite the sensitive tummy. Let's hope little Cricket doesn't drop too many goodies for her to gobble up.

Thankfully, I have a little time before those days are upon us. I have been getting age old advice such as "enjoy each day…each memory…each moment with your little ones" and "take time for yourself." Most women follow up with, "I did not (take time for myself) and wish I had." I hear that A LOT! Are they right? How do you balance? Does taking time for myself include a cup of cocoa and a good sitcom? Or, perhaps a trip to the make up counter, lunch with friends or making a new necklace? That is what comes to mind when I think of taking time for myself. Will I really do any of these when the little one arrives? It's all so new to me!

32_IMG_3158

I'll be back with fun photos and stories shortly. Hope you are all enjoying family time and quiet work weeks. Any New Year's plans? Personally, I'll be lucky to make it to midnight. :) I do have the sparkling apple juice chilling and a handsome fellow to ring in the new year. Perhaps a little fruit bubbly and Mr. Schalk's dashing grin will keep me hopping through the New Year!

xoxo,
R

4 comments:

  1. Aw!! Bonnie is just the cutest little dog! Such a cute picture of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home to grow up in! It looks perfect for a white Christmas :)

    Sounds like you've been getting lots of great advice about taking time for yourself.

    Hope you two have a nice little New Years together. You have so much to look forward to in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The homestead looks picture perfect. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you and Brandon have a lovely NYE (even if you don't make it to midnight :-). 32 weeks is looking good on you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!