Archive

Monday, October 25, 2010

Some days...

I enjoy eating healthy. I love most vegetables (and tolerate brussel sprouts...especially with walnuts and bacon...mmm bacon). I fully support foodie documentaries such as Food Inc. and Supersize Me. Both were educational and more than eye opening...don't even get me started. I stand by the belief that organic milk and eggs just plain taste better and are better for me. Gardens are wonderful hobbies and produce delicious produce at a great price. I love the way I feel after eating a salad full of veggies and a big bowl of blueberries.

But.....

some days.....

are just meant for.....

a......

filetofish

McDoo's Filet-O-Fish

Mine are ordered with ketchup and mustard only, please. Am I crazy or are these things delicious? I don't want to know the truth of the ingredients...I just want to enjoy.

Some days are like that. And for the record, it makes me feel better that I had a yummy straight-from-Michigan apple with it. Because I really wanted fries.

Happy Monday!

xoxo,
Rachel

7 comments:

  1. And you paired it with an apple! GOOD for you! : )

    My Grammy, who I miss so much, used to tell me that Filet of Fish sandwhiches were always best on Wednesdays. Isn't that the cutest thing you ever heard. I would tell her "Grammy, I think they are the same every day since they are frozen." But she always believed they were best on Wednesday. Oh, how I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Grammy sounds absolutely fantastic! Maybe they added a little extra love on Wednesdays. :) How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never really liked the Filet of Fiah sandwich but I do love the quarter pounder with cheese. And sadly I go for the fries as well . . . sigh . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe it or not, I've never had McDoo's Filet-O Fish. You did good eating that apple because I'm certain I would have picked the fries.

    MMMMmmm but a bowl of those blueberries does sound so good!

    ♥Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT, Rachel!! Our pregnant food of choice :-)...of course I take mine with lettace and tomatoe (which they totally charge you for, can you believe that?!) I also skip the fries...just b/c I'd feel like a bad mamma to be. I say fish is good for you, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Filet o fish. Yep. Smother mine in ketchup, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes....it's difficult to make a "healthy" lunch decision....once in a blue moon you just gotta HAVE it with the cheese and slathered with tartar sauce.

    Diane

    Michigan apples are THE BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!